Prologue: God of Empty Dreams

I was never one to get my parents' blessing. Unlike my siblings, I was never gifted with wings. My talent was seen as useless.

"Let me get this straight. He built a shrine and not a temple?" Roared the voice of my father, Hypnos the God of Sleep.

Since birth, we have been feeding off of my father's and mother's energy until the day our powers came. My brother Morpheus grew pitch-black wings as he was announced the God of Nightmares. He began receiving energy in the form of prayers of mercy as the mortals were terrified of the horrors he would bring to them as he slept. My sister Overia grew pure white wings as she was announced the Goddess of Daydream. She began receiving energy as the mortals thanked her when they received inspiration from their imaginations.

"Yes, Father. He built a shrine." Morpheus informed my father.

It won't be long before my father summons me to his corridors. I waited nearby for the results that I knew would come.

As Gods and Goddesses, we lived miles above the humans deep within the clouds in temples built with the spiritual energy provided by the humans. In return, we answer the prayers that humans may have. Morpheus and Overia both were able to build their own temples to leave our parents' house. During the construction process, I stole the rubble left behind from their temples and tried to build my own.

Morpheus discovered it and called it a tiny shrine. After teasing me for what seemed like an endless amount of hours, he quickly told father.

"When is mom coming home?" I whined.

"I don't know," Overia answered. She caught wind of my punishment and decided to watch how the events fold. "This is going to be super bad if she doesn't come home soon." 

"ELLIOTES!" My father roared my name.

I have no idea what my punishment could be but I know that the time of finding out was now. I bid my goodbyes to Overia as I walked into my Father's chambers. He sat upon his throne with his darkened Navy Blue Wings opened to the full extent, which matched his angry eyes. His blonde hair slick back was exposing his second set of white wings upon his head. Every part of his body screamed anger.

I was a splitting image of my father whereas Morpheus was not. No, Morpheus' appearance was the complete opposite of his father's. He had his black wings closed, and he wore his hair messy. He stood against the throne, arms crossed as his face showed amusement.

"Elliotes, what is this?" My father asked as he held up my mini temple.

"A tiny temple?" I asked nervously.

"That's a birdhouse at best." Morpheus laughed.

"This Elliotes, this is a disgrace." My father said as he threw the miniature house I built.

"It will grow father. Soon I will get my wings and start collecting energy and it will grow."

"We don't build our temples! They are blessed upon us for the mortals. They pray to us which helps our power grow. Do you know why no one prays to you, Ellitoes? You are the God of Nothingness"

"I am the God of Empty Dreams!" I yelled back.

Morpheus' laughter was the signal I needed to know that I had messed up. I should have never talked back to my father.

"Banished."

"What?"

"You are banished from the Land of Dreams. Banished from my temple."

"But Father."

"Morpheus, escort your brother out of my temple."

Morpheus opened his wings and swooped in and grabbed me. He carried me out of the temple as he flew outside. Morpheus gently placed me on the ground made of clouds.

"Morpheus, please don't let him do this. I will die without energy." I pleaded. "I need shelter."

"I would never let you die." Morpheus said. "Elliotes, brother. You built a shrine. A God can't build their own temple. Building that thing is a major disgrace and will build bad energy. That negativity of that thing could kill us."

"So what do I do?"

Morpheus grabbed me by my shirt. I felt a warm energy flow through me as it consumed my body. Slowly but surely Morpheus grew bigger as the energy it was giving me began to hurt. As I was overwhelmed by the pain I realized that it was not Morpheus who was growing, it was I that was shrinking.

"What's happening?" I cried.

"I am conserving the little energy you have left," Morpheus said as he held me in his hand. "Now into the shrine you go." Morpheus held up my tiny building in his other hand. Though it was not as tiny to me now as it was before.

I shook my head no in protest.

"Listen El. You will only be in the way. Dad will always be more powerful than me as long as he has the ability to wake people up. They can't dream if they are awake. So, I got rid of dad. Then I will come back for you."

"Morpheus, wait! What are you planning?!" 

Morpheus picked me up and placed me inside the shrine. I quickly looked out the window I had built as I felt Morpheus aim the building. With one throw Morpheus launched me from the Heavens. I held on to whatever I could as I came crashing down like a meteorite.

I lost consciousness as I crashed down at an unknown location.