2

He walked back up with his arms at his side. He straightened his posture gritting his teeth together. He walks into the room as if nothing happens barking orders.

"Steve—"

"Danny," he warns, his voice raising, "look up the name Darryl Nix. He would reside in D.C."

Tani squints at him trying to figure out what he's playing at. Regardless, she does what she's told. She pulls up the guy and sighs. "Former Navy SEAL, no family, deceased as of a week ago."

His eyes harden on the photo brought up on the screen. "How?"

"Autopsy appears to be similar to the victims."

Danny grabs his arm turning him towards him. "Steve, what the hell is going on?"

"Buck is in trouble."

His eyes widen at the short wording. "Excuse me, Buck? How does he have anything to do with this?"

Tani raises a curious hand, "um, who's Buck?"

Steve steps up to the screen typing on the table. Dialing a number to face-time he waits patiently, his eyes stone cold. He crosses his arms hugging himself tightly.

"Commander McGarrett," the older gentleman smiles on the other side.

He nods, "Chief Alonzo. I'm sorry for the sudden call but I need a favor." The Chief nods for him to continue. "I need you to spread a message to one of your Firefighters in the 118 and if possible one of the Sergeants at LAPD S.W.A.T."

He raises a brow at the favor. "Might I ask what this pertains to?"

Steve bites his lip still standing strong. "Unfortunately sir I can not disclose that. It is a private matter that concerns the both of them."

The chief pauses considering the offer. At last, he agrees. "Alright, who do want me to tell and what do you wish me to tell them?"

He considers his options. There are a dozen ways to break it to the two men. The team stares at him in confusion as they wait worriedly for his response.

Steve clears his throat, "tell Evan Buckley and Sergeant Harrelson that Operation Sandstorm is still a go."

"Commander, would you care to tell me why you can't speak to them yourself?"

"It would risk them, sir. Their lives could potentially be in danger. It's easier this way."

"Buckley..." Alonzo trails off. "It's come to my attention that he's a SEAL. If memory serves so is Sergeant Harrelson."

Steve doesn't deny it and instead adjusts his footing. "Yes. We served together years ago. Something has come up that they need to be aware of."

The chief hums in response. "I respect your willingness to connect with these men, Commander. I will give them the message. Hopefully, we'll never have to speak again."

Steve chuckles, "yes, sir." The call cuts as the chief's face disappears from the screen. Steve bows his head looking to the floor.

"This is about a past mission," Danny realizes.

"What's Sandstorm?" Chin asks.

Steve scoffs, "I can't disclose that. If the operation was diminished then I would say but now that it's open again I can't risk it. Look, I have a couple of names. If you could each call them and send the same message it would be much appreciated. This guy is going after SEALS that worked that mission. Their safety is number one. We'll keep running the case as if it was another murder. Keep looking into the evidence we receive."