Chapter 6

The King's party would arrive at King's Landing with conflicts that arose on the way still lingering. While he was drinking with Taron, Bowen would hear that the heir Joffrey and his younger sister Arya would have a conflict with each other. Bowen laughed at Joffrey for getting embarrassed by his kid sister. But unfortunately, this conflict resulted in Arya's Dire wolf going missing and Sansa's being killed due to the Queen's persistence. While Bowen's dire wolf Solus was innocent and always stayed by his side. 

Kings Landing was what he expected, the opposite of Winterfell. Winterfell the days are cold for most of the seasons only summer was warm but compared to Kings Landing it was deathly hot. Sun always shines on the dry land that is Kings Landing that neighbors a vast and infinite Sea. Bowen green eyes looked at the sandstone wall with pillars made of sandstone made by amazingly talented architects. 

Bowen followed his Father through the archway position next to his sister's carriage. as they passed through the arch they entered a courtyard with a line of knights and maids greeting them with noble onlookers at the perimeter in the background was a gigantic castle. Bowen was stunned at the size of the castle. Never in his life has he seen something so magnificent. A messenger greet Ned Stark informing him that there is meeting called by the maester to greet the new hand Ned.  

"Get the girls settled in. I'll be back in time for supper" Ned said to the handmaidens. making sure that jory stays by their side. 

The messenger than said something that made Bowen laugh. 

"If you would like to change into something more appropriate."  The messenger was left with silence. Then the two walked down the dirt path into the grand doors toward where the meeting was taking place. 

Bowen would follow his sister where they would be lead to where they were staying for the time being. Bowen was shocked to see architecture of the halls in Kings Landing. he was truly given a gift when he arrived to his room. it was grand with a bed that could fit a family of 5, a nice desk and finally the best part a balcony that overlooked King's Landing that captured the town square and Blackwater Bay. Bowen would turn around and see Solus already settled on his bed taking a nap. Bowen follow suit being exhausted from his long journey. 

Bowen overslept being late for supper rushing down the halls he made it to the doors in which the rest of his family where. He walked in to witness Arya stabbing the table with her fancy steak knife. 

"He's a liar and a coward!" She spoke. 

"And he killed my friend" Arya finished with. With that it transpired into bickering between Arya and Sansa about who killed the blacksmiths son. Sansa said the hound did while Arya argued that Joffrey did because of his begging for the boy to be killed. Bowen stood on the sidelines not knowing when to interrupt the argument. 

Arya would stand exiting supper to be in her room. Still angry at her sister for defending the little golden hair craven prince Joffrey. Her march would be halted when her Father came in. 

"Whats happening here" He question worriedly. 

"Arya would rather act like a beast than a lady" The maid said. Ned would sent Arya back to her room. Bowen stood there shocked at the riff between his sisters. The two have never been close but they knew how to coexist and not have bad fallouts. But this is the worse he's seen. Arya is head strong and doesn't want to be a lady so she's defiant. While Sansa is blinded by a one sided love that she couldn't see her own reflection if she tried. 

Bowen decided to take a seat not wanting to linger in this awkward room any longer than he had to. once he took a seat he started to eat when his Father cave Sansa a gift. 

"This is for you love" Ned said. 

Sansa would unwrap the leather poach to unveil a doll. The doll would be a little girls dream it was well made. But unfortunately Sansa is 15. She was not excited for the gift and failed to hide it on her face. 

"Don't you like it?" Ned asked. Bowen looked down unable to watch this exchange. He had hoped Sansa would lie to Father because of the effort he put into this gift but that wouldn't be the fate. 

"I haven't played with dolls since I was 8" Sansa angrily said. following that she would excuse herself barely touching anything on her plate. 

Bowen wouldn't stay for long as he wanted to roam around see what Kings Landing was like. He was shocked at how nice the weather was. So nice that all the clothes he had made him unable to be outside confortablely. So Bowen was underdressed only wearing loose white shirt that he'd normally wear to bed and black trousers. In the midst of of his exploration he'd run into to Taron Lannsister. Bowen didn't hate the youngest Lannister anymore he found him fun to be around. The closest thing to a friend he's ever had. He only had his brothers had Winterfell, him and Theon were never close due to Bowen finding him unpleasant to be around. So when two men drank they became friends through it. Bowen never did that without his brothers around making the two bond together as friends. 

"Exploring the Red Keep now" Taron said in his classic cocky tone.

"Just curious as to where I'll be staying for the time being"Bowenreplied. 

"Follow me I'll show you where the fun is" Taron said. Bowen followed him through the castle passing long corridors one that was near Bowen's room. Stopping at a painting of King Viserys Targaryen with his first wife Aemma Targaryen who was pregnant. Both were dressed in the traditional Targaryen colors Black and Red. Viserys sat on the iron throne with the crown branded with the Targaryen symbol at the centre of it. 

"Why are we stopping in front of a painting" Bowen questioned. 

"Glad you asked" Taron said with a smirked. He then pulled the right side of the frame to reveal a tunnel. "Right this way Stark" Taron beckoned. Going into this tunnel was dark and eerie but what waited on the otherside peaked Bowens interest as now he was going to learn what lied beyond The Red Keep.