𝟒.

Y/n

"Y/n.. y/n." A sweet voice echoed through my ears. For a minute I thought it was a dream, that the voice I was hearing was just my lovely boyfriend waking up beside me.

But no. Of course not. I groaned at my heavy eyes and started opening them. Noticing a familiar head of raven hair. "Ziggy?" My vision was blurry, so I brought my hands up and rubbed my eyes.

Once everything became clearer, I realized that I had fallen asleep in the main room. "Oh.." I say. My voice still low and raspy from just waking up. "Yeah, my livestreams over you can come back to the room now."

I nodded my head and sat up properly. But before ziggy could stand up, I stopped him. "Wait— can we talk? Please." He looked like he was thinking about it, and I thought he would decline but he hummed and stayed in this position.

I sighed and a clasped my hands together, thinking of what I want to say. "I know.. that this is weird for us. I mean— we used to date." I chuckled lowly. I just wanted to get rid of this air in the dorm. "This awkward and tense, tense air. That's not— that's not us."

"Yeah." He agreed, looking down at the carpeted floor. "Look at me ziggy." I say, a crack going through my voice but I don't think he noticed. He looked up at me, there was a slight shimmer in his eyes than before.

"I want.. to share a dorm with my best friend, not my ex-boyfriend." He was my best friend before anything else. I can't help but miss that, I can't help but miss before everything went downhill. "Can we do that? Or is there another problem we need to talk about?" I silently ask, tilting my head a little bit over to my shoulder.

He was quiet for a few seconds, but naturally he responded. "I still love you. That's the problem." He admitted, I'll admit too. My heart fluttered when he said that but we need to move on. And accept that what was once an 'is' turned into a 'was'.

"Can't we just pretend that it's nothing? I mean we're going to be here together for 4 years." I say. Ziggy scoffed and stood up looking me straight in the eye. "Nothing? You think what I feel is nothing?" "No, no I didn't say that—"

"Y/n I'd kill for you!, I'd kill thousands of soldiers for you if I had to. I would climb to the top of the Himalayan mountains if you asked me to, i would go to the moon and back even if it took me 100 years, all for you! I would do anything for you. Let that sink in, because that is not nothing."

"So then do this for me!" I stood up and looked up at him. "Do this for me— please. Pretend. It's better for the both of us because I promise you, it'll be better this way. So just.. please." I was begging at this point and I didn't care. I really didn't, because I just wanted things to be somewhat normal around here.

Ziggy looked at me with these eyes, like he was about to deny it. But to my surprise he nodded. "Ziggy i was lost. I was so lost when you left me but I understood you. Because you needed to heal and I wasn't gonna be a part of that healing process. So I understood you. So can you understand me this time?"

He sighed and looked around the room before his eyes fell to mine again. "Crystal clear. I'm sorry." I shook my head and smiled lightly. I wanted to cry but I wasn't gonna do the sob part again in front of him. "It's fine. I just wanted to clear this up."

Ziggy pursed his lips and he looked like he wanted to say something but instead him just dropped it. "Goodnight ziggy." I leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on his cheek, gave him a smile and walked back inside the room so I could sleep for tomorrows classes.

Ziggy

What the fuck was that. First she gives me this whole thing about how we should just go back to being best friends, basically how things were before. And not even a few seconds after she kisses me on the cheek.

What does that mean?

I'm so fucking stupid I swear.

——