𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝

𝐃𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐜

The moment that summer smell flooded the gym, I just knew it was her. The same girl that crossed into my territory. What the hell was she doing here? I couldn't help but stare at her. There was this pull inside me and a spark of something. She made eye contact with me from across the gym. I wanted to look away. I felt a sudden rush of electricity run through me, and my heart raced as if I had just run a marathon. As I stared at her, I felt like I was in a trance.

Imani. I called out to my wolf. I get a grunt from her. She was curled up in the corner of my mind. Wake the fuck up. I need you. Another grunt. We used to be able to communicate easily, but since I left our pack, she's been withdrawn. Shit, do you want me to say sorry? You can't continue with this silent treatment, shit, Imani. Again she grunts, so I leave her alone.

Treyvon walked up to me, taking my attention away from the girl.

"We gotta get heavier dumbbells," Treyvon said.

"You see her." I pointed at the girl. Treyvon looked in the direction I was pointing.

"Yeah, what about her?" he asked.

"That's the girl I was talking about. I'mma go over there to talk to her."

"No, the hell you ain't," he said. "What the hell you gonna tell her?"

"I just wanna ask her what she was doing that day."

Treyvon shakes his head.

We got into this heated argument about me walking over to her. The smell of summer only grew stronger and we stopped talking when she approached us. She was too close and her smell was extremely strong. I never liked the smell of summer children.

I wanted to take a step back to give myself breathing room from her scent.

"Do we have a problem?" she asked.

Oh, she was bold.

"Nah, you got a problem?" I asked, staring down at her. She didn't back down. Instead, she defiantly met my gaze. 

I give off this intimidating feeling. I'm hoping that will be enough for her to back off and get the fuck out of my face.

"You pointing at me, so yeah, I do."

I laughed. "So you tryna kick my ass because I was pointing?"

I sized her up. Cracking my knuckles. If she wants to fight, I don't mind fighting. It gave me an excuse to flex since I hadn't fought in a long time.

In my head, I heard Imani yawning and asking. You aren't going to fight that small human, are you?

Oh, now she fucking speaks. She wants a fight so I'mma give her what she wants.

Imani decided she was going to ignore me now.

"Dominic, chill out," Treyvon said as he grabbed me by the arm pulling me back.

"I ain't tryna anything. I wanna know why the fuck you were pointing at me."

I snatched away from Treyvon and stood toe-to-toe with her. She craned her neck to stare up at me. I could feel the tension between us and I could tell that she was not going to back away easily. I could also see the fear in her eyes, though. She tried her best to stay brave and not give in to that fear.

"I ain't gotta tell you shit, lil girl." I jabbed my finger into her chest. "If you gonna kick my ass just for pointing at you, do it."

So I waited for her to throw a punch, to kick me to do anything to give me a reason to fight her.