Chapter 5

Kate's POV:

I wake up screaming at around 2:30 am. Then I start to cry, the only thing I do for the past few days. I had a bad dream. A really really bad dream that I thought was true for a few seconds. I'm still crying in bed when I hear someone walking in my room. Leo arrive and asks me: "Kate you alright?" I can't answer because I'm crying too much. "It's ok I'm here. What was your dream?" he says. I calm myself and finally speaks : "I dreamt that you and Ned were insulting me and then people I know joined you and then you all started to bring me down. An-And then I woke up. Leo please tell me, is that going to happen?" I cry again. Leo says: "Kate... It's never going to happen. It's just a bad dream. Kate you know I will never ever do this to you. You are so important to me and I'll never let anyone brake you like this again. Believe me. Love you, now you should get some more sleep." He's about to walk out of my room when I say: "Leo. Will you stay please?" Then he grabs the chair next to my bed and says: "Yeah, I'll wait until you're asleep if you want." He then sits on the chair. I then place my head on my pillow. I don't feel really better. I quietly say: "Leo?" "Yes?.." He says sleepy. "Can you come like, next to me. Can you lay down next to me? Pl-Please? I know it maybe sound weird bu-" "It's ok Kate, I'll come don't worry it's fine" He cuts me. He lays next to me. He wraps me in his arms. At the feel of his arms against me, I relax all my body. I am now calm. I don't know how he makes me feel that. Even Ned never made me have this feeling. I start to think about lots of things but then the sleep takes me away...

Leo's POV:

I am still awake when Kate is completely asleep. She's so cute when she sleeps. I am still having her wrapped in my arms. I don't want to let go because I know she's feeling secure when I'm like this and that's what I want. I don't want her to feel stressed. I'm still watching her. Maybe too long. Why am I doing that?? Finally, I go
to sleep too.

The next morning, I wake up and Kate is still asleep. I carefully get out of bed and I slowly go in the kitchen. After all what happened, I think Kate may deserve something special to make her feel good. It's still raining outside. I decide to make breakfast in bed for Kate. I'm not a really good cook but I know that she loves those French toasts I make whenever she comes at my house. Which is really rare these times since she moved back in England. When I'm done, I silently go upstairs to her room. I put the cabaret on the desk and I shake her shoulder carefully. She finally wakes up and smile when she sees me, which makes me smile back.
When she's finished, she starts to talk: "Leo, tell me, you're not going to stay here all your life aren't you?" "Well, actually I will stay as long as you need but of course there's people who wants to see me in America also but-" "Leo, I don't want you to feel obligated to stay. I know you have a family, friends also, an-" "And I have a date." I cut her this time. She seems surprised. Maybe it sounded weird how I said it in the conversation ?

Kate's POV:

Leo has a date. I should be happy for him, I actually want to be happy for him but something stops me. By surprise, I answer: "W-Well Leo it's awesome for you! Wh-Why are you staying here if , you know..?" "Oh, we're just seeing each other in one week. I'm sure you'd like her! I feel like there's really something between us and I hope it'll work. I will have to leave you soon... But don't worry I will come back to present her to you! Is that ok for you Kate? I'll probably leave in 3 days." Still in chock, but trying to hide it : "Y-Yeah of course! I mean, I hope it will work for you and that...hum... That she's not gonna dump you like Ned did..." Leo looks like he's feeling guilty. "Kate I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have talk about this to you when you just had a bad experience...I'm really sorry..." "It's ok Leo, I'm fine." I lie. Why am I reacting like this? I don't understand why I'm like this.

Leo's POV

I feel bad. Why did I talk to her about this when she just had the worst experience in her life. I'm such a bad friend! I have to admit I was kind of surprised by her reaction. I was hoping her to be happy for me but it seemed like something was stopping her. I need to find out one day.

------------------------------------------

It's been 3 days since I announced Kate when I was leaving to get back home. During those days, there was a little cold between us. I wanted to comfort her and be there for her if she wanted to talk and it's like she was avoiding me. I didn't try to ask her why she does this but it makes me feel very bad anyway. I'm at the door ready to leave and then Kate says: "You know Leo, I know I've been cold these times but there's something annoying me that I can't find out. I also wanted to thank you, really, for being here for me. I'm gonna miss you and I don't know how I'll survive here with nobody..." "It's ok Kate, I'm sure everything's gonna be alright for you. I know you can. Believe me, I'm coming back as soon as possible to see you and maybe even present you a special someone." I wink. She smiles a little. Then I hug her and I leave for America.

Hey guys! I know it's been a loooong while since the last update but now here I am! Actually this is not my best chapter I know it but my best ideas are later in this story and I just don't really know how to pass the time between these ideas! Anyway, I have 122 reads on this story ! Omg! Thank you a lot everyone :) I'll hope you'll still enjoy the next chapters to come! :)