Chapter twenty-six: Rose's deadly trap

The wire-like limbs of Adam's puppet elongate and circle Lance, Hunk and Pidge.

"As usual, the Galra likes to make things complicated!" Lance said, raising his gun.

"While those hotheads fight it out their way, we get to take on a puppet. They takes us lightly." Pidge said as she unsheathed her sword.

"Don't let your guard down. We're inside a Galra base. Who knows what traps have been laid" Hunk said.

"Damn these traps. I'm getting tired of all these exceptions!" Pidge announced before making her move.

Pidge jumps with her sword prepared, wires suddenly crash in from the ceiling and attack Pidge, who slices them away. She lands next to Lance and Hunk.

"Shall we teach them?" Hunk said.

"A messy puppet is no match against us!" Lance said as he, Pidge and Hunk attacked the limbs of the puppet.

Outside in the Courtyard where Rose's trap is, Scoin went after Keith, believing that his comrades had been killed by him. The glow in his right arm was not from a fragment from the quintessential Crystal. With greater ferocity, Scoin attacked Keith with Shiro, Katara, Stats, and Kosmo watching.

As Keith runs across the roof while Scoin chases from the ground, Scoin leaps onto the roof and attacks Keith but he dodges, and Scoin hits the roof instead. The roof explodes and Keith jumps off and lands on the ground.

"Damn! Where's he getting that brute strength?!" Keith said.

"Stats!" Stats said.

"That's because it's not an ordinary shard in there," Shiro said, worried.

"Stats!" Stats asked.

"I think that shard Scoin was given to was tainted...in fact, I don't doubt it". Shiro said as he moved closer to the battle. "What to do? We have to stop them quickly!"

"Stats". Stats said.

"If only he knew it was Rose who killed his men, not Keith!" Shiro said as he looked at the broken bodies of the Crystal Jems.

"That filthy bastard, you won't regret this!" Scoin said as he jumped off the roof and swung his fist in Keith's direction.

But Keith dodges as Scoin still chases him and throws punches at him hot headedly. One of his punches on the ground causes a long split which heads in Shiro's direction.

But luckily, a hand reach out and grabbed him and Stats leaps into the air to dodge the attack,

"Hey!" Shiro shouted as he looked up to see Oilon, arrived at the scene and landed on one of the roofs higher up.

"Stats!" Stats said.

"Oilon, Thank you!" Shiro said.

"Don't thank me yet, we still have a bunch of idiots who are fighting for no reason!" Oilon said as he looked in Keith and James's direction.

"Shiro. Damn you, stay away from him!" Keith shouted.

"Jumping around, trying to escape! If Shiro is ever hurt, it'd be your fault!" Scoin called out.

"Whoever this is, wants them to fight until one of them dies" Shiro said.

"I see, I can't believe Scoin doesn't realize that Keith's weapon didn't cause all of this!" Oilon said.

Keith unsheathes his Knife. "You've pushed me this far... I'm not holding back!"

"Prepare to die! I'm avenging my comrades!" Scoin said as he sprinted at Keith.