Another point of view

Paige had just gotten home from school, it was a another stressful day. She had spirit squad practice where she was convinced half the team was trying to to promote Manny the new captain, she had to keep her relationship with her new boyfriend Matt a total complete secret, and deal with Hazel accusing her of replacing her with her new best friend Emma. But as she walked through the door she knew one thing that would cheer her up.

"Mommy!" Was the first thing she heard as she stepped through the door as the tiny 3 three year old ran up to hug her with almost enough force to knock her down.

"Hi baby girl, were you a good girl for grandma?"

"I was very good girl."

"Mommy missed you so much today."

"Chloe missed mommy to."

"Why don't you run into the living room and I'll get you a snack?"

She set the girl down who took off running, she put together a little plate of fruit with half a peanut butter sandwich and followed after. The living room however seemed off like the color had drained from it.

"Chloe?...Chloe!" She called her daughters name but no answer from any where. She turned to pass through the door way but found someone blocking her way: Dean.

"What the hell are you doing here and where's my daughter?" As she finished talking Dean suddenly moved at inhuman speed shoving her and pinning her against the wall. His hand moving down towards her midsection.

Paige found herself waking up in her own bed gasping still worried about Chloe before taking a moment to remember there was no Chloe. In reality she had gotten home from school and ended up falling asleep. She checked her phone, her boyfriend Matt had tried contacting her. She went to reply but before she could she remembered one important detail, today was Emma's doctors appointment which she skipped school for. She texted her friend checking how it went.

Paige: hey how'd it go today?

Emma: not great

Paige: I'll be right there

Before she could head out though she should warn Matt that they were going to have to reschedule their plans that night. She decided to call him and let him know. She dialed and waited for him to pick up.

"Hey, so I know we had plans but we have to reschedule."

"Again Paige? You do realize how much I'm risking doing this right? Least you can do is show up when you say you will."

"I know but my friend is really not in a good place right now. She needs someone. As a teacher you should understand how important that is."

"I understand you have friends but I don't think you understand how much I'm putting on the line for you!"

"I do know but I'm sure you'll remind me again."

"I'm sorry what I said was uncalled for. Of course you should support your friend. We can do this another time."

Okay I'll call you later, love you." The call ended without any reply from him. She decided to deal with it later since right now her friend was dealing with something bigger than just a jealous boyfriend.