Some other poubt of view

Manny sat impatiently in her theater seat waiting for the movie to start while Craig went to buy the snacks. She went to silence her phone when she received a message from Emma.

Emma: hey you want to come over and hear about the ultrasound?

Manny: hey sorry I can't right now me and Craig are at the movies, was about to turn the phone off.

Emma: ok well talk later

Craig returned as she was replying to Emma. "Hey who was that?"

"Emma, she had her ultrasound today and wanted to show how it went."

"Everything good?"

"I guess if not she would've said something."

"Can you imagine what she must be going through...I mean you sort of can I guess right?"

"I mean almost as soon as I knew I realized there was no way was I going to be able to do it."

"Yeah it'd be a lot of work between school, raising a kid, and working on music."

The room went dark as the previews started. "Still...it's fun to think about sometimes." Manny whispered to Craig.

Craig was silent until he turned to her "Do you ever regret it?"

"Sometimes...yeah"

After the movie Craig drove Manny to Emma's where she snuck in using her bedroom window.

"Okay tell me how it went, is the baby okay? Do we know boy or girl yet?"

She ran over to Emma who was on the computer, on the computer screen were several different pictures of obviously pregnant women.

"What are we looking at?"

"This woman here is only having one baby, this one over here is same stage in pregnancy and having twins."

"Oh my God look at her she's huge!"

"Yeah I know..."

"Like something is trying to force its way out of her, how can she even stand without dragging it?"

"I get it Manny!"

"So how did the ultra...sound...go?" It just clicked for her why her friend was annoyed. "Oh Emma, I'm sorry I didn't know."

Emma closes out the computer and goes to lay on the bed. "It's okay, just feel more annoyed than upset at this point."

Manny sat down next to her. "As not ready as I know I still am...sometimes I regret my abortion. Sometimes I like to think about what life would've been like. Like would me and Craig even be together. Would we break up but still work together to help the kid, or would I be all alone taking care of the kid, or would my family help me or would they kicked me out? Or would I ever be able to lose all that weight?"

"Hey even if you were a single teen mom you wouldn't be alone, I'd still be here helping you."

"And even though I'm not a mom I really do appreciate it." She moved in to hug her friend, Emma's head laying on her shoulder.

"I got your help too right?" She wasn't on the verge of crying but did sound worried.

"Of course I already told you I'm going to be the cool aunt no matter how many babies are in there, rather one, two, five it isn't going to change that."

"Okay you're starting to freak me out again."

"Sorry! Point is you got lots of help. Your parents, me, Paige. Every one of your friends is here for you."

"...I been texting Sean." She blurted out.

"That's great, what did he say about...you know."

"... I kinda didn't tell him, I keep chickening out."

"Emma..."

I want him to remember me as I was...not a bloated baby factory." Manny wasn't sure what else to say instead just listening to Emma continue on about her worries about the babies, Sean, and everything else.