Envy

Christmas Eve had finally came. Emma was babysitting her little brother, he sat next to her on the couch with his hands on her belly.

"Baby." She said as he continued playing with her belly and talked in baby babbles. "You feel that? That's a baby in there just like you were in mommy's belly. He let a big yawn. She got him his sippy cup and laid him down on the couch. "See, I can do this mom thing, right?" Jack continued staring back sleepily. "I watch you all the time, just like that just if there were two of you right?" She looked back at him not actually expecting an answer, seeing him slowly drift off to sleep. "I can't wait for them to meet you." As he finally fell asleep her mom and dad walked.

"He wasn't any trouble was he?" She asked.

"Nope it was fun actually."

"Aww sweetie, you're a great big sister." She gave her daughter a hug as the door opened revealing Manny and Sean.

"Hey, aunt Manny is here!" She exclaimed as she ran over and nuzzled Emma's belly.

"Sean you're here!" Spike walked over and hugged Sean. "Now it feels like the family really is all here for Christmas." Snake, Spike, and Manny went to the kitchen where Spike was preparing snacks for the gathering leaving Emma and Sean alone in the living room.

"So, you're gift did come on time." He said holding out a small box handing it to her. She unwrapped it and opened it revealing a locket.

"It's beautiful!"

"Open it up." On the inside was a copy of the picture her mom took right before their first date years ago.

"I was so nervous that night."

"Hey you're the only girl I ever dug through trash for." He went to kiss her and she kissed back.
Outside on the sidewalk Paige caught a glimpse of them kissing, she was already unsure if she should be here tonight and this wasn't helping. In the end she realized how lately she hadn't been around her as much and decided she didn't want to avoid her completely. She opened the front door as she had multiple times in the last few months coming over.

"Paige!" Emma ran over and hugged her to. It was a good feeling being the reason she was that excited briefly even if she wasn't excited to see her for the same reason. Her attention went to the giant envelope she was holding.

"What's that?"

"So...I mean it's no big deal but I made a small donation in your name to this conservation group trying to help wildlife. They sent these certificates for symbolically adopting the animals and updates on how their doing. You have your own wolf pack now." She handed her the envelope containing pictures and info on the animals.

"Paige this is amazing! Thank you!"

"I'm glad you like it, my little cause girl." The nickname had some how become a term of endearment rather then an insult.

She went to show it to Sean he seemed impressed to after she finished talking he went in for a kiss again. Paige felt the familiar feeling return. She told herself to keep it under control she was here for Emma's sake, she wasn't going to ruin the occasion. She was going to suck it up and suffer in silence.