Alone

It was the last day of school before winter break. Emma Nelson was at her locker emptying her book bag of things should we wouldn't be needing over the break. She was wearing a maroon maternity top that Paige had picked out for her the day they had gone shopping. Fortunately for her they had gone shopping because in the last few weeks she couldn't hide her belly anymore. Nobody said anything to her but she heard the whispers. Last period she heard one girl talking "Look how big she got in just few weeks, imagine how she'll look after break." which was followed by snickers from the other girls. As she thought back she fumbled her last book and it fell to the ground. She started bending down to attempt to grab the book as some passerby beat her to it.
"Got that for you Greenpeace." Jay said returning the book to her.
"Thanks."
"No big deal, glad to see you all doing okay, see ya around Greenpeace."
She closed her locker for the last time this year and left. After school several of her friends from school gathered at her house in honor of the first day of winter break.
"Emma I love how that top looks on you." Liberty said complimenting her friend.
"Love it enough to maybe try for our own someday?" JT joked.
"Don't even joke about that or I will end you."
To Emma having everyone together was a bid deal. It was like how the group would get together before and just have fun no worry about anything going on just bring with friends. This caused her to think how less likely this would be with two more beings that needed her. One by one the group began leaving for plans they had made. Liberty and J.T. Left first, followed by Paige who was meeting her secret boyfriend, then Toby who was meeting Kendra, this surprised everyone as none of them had seen her for awhile. Finally it was just Manny left.
"I was going to meet Craig but if you want I can stay."
"You should go, just give me the run down afterwards."
"Okay I'll see you all later." She hugged Emma and nuzzled her belly before leaving.
As much as she wanted her friends to have fun she'd wished atleast one of them would've stayed, now it was just her here alone, except not really alone she thought to herself placing a hand in her growing belly. Since it was just her she went down to her room and changed into something more comfortable, pajama pants and a tank top that just covered her belly. She moped around the living room of empty house, even her parents were at a holiday party while Jack was with the babysitter. It was like everyone else had someone and here she was single pregnant teen. After channel surfing for who knows how Long her phone started ringing, it was Sean.
"Hellooo?" She answered.
"Okay so bad news is one of your gifts will be late."
"And the good?"
"The other "gift" should be arriving on your porch now."
She ran to the porch but to her shock and a little bit of horror it wasn't a package it was Sean himself.
"Emma?" He started excited but lost the energy in his voice by the second syllable as he looked down at Emma's midsection.
"Sean..."
"Emma...what'd I miss?"
"It's a long story, you want to come in and I can explain everything?" She explained everything that had happened since that day, doing her best not to leave anything out no matter how much she didn't want to bring it up.
"Damn...that sounds horrible. Glad you had someone to help you through it."
"You're not mad?"
"No it's just a lot to process all at once. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you from that too." Both went quiet while he took in everything he had missed out on, eventually Sean spoke up again.
"Have...have you decided what you're doing...about, I mean...what you're doing...with them?" He asked nervously.
"I know I atleast want to carry them, I can't do that to them. But the idea of being a mom still really scares me." Her eyes were beginning to tear up, her voice became more frantic. "Will you help me?"
Sean moved over to her clasping her hands in his. "Emma, regardless of what are relationship status is I'll always be here for you. You saw potential in me back when no one else did, you're one of the people I really care about."
"What is our relationship status?"
"I know neither of us are the same person we were when I left. We've had to much to happen. But I'm willing to give it a chance if you are."
"You know what you're potentially getting into right?"
"I do, if we don't work out it won't be because we didn't give it a chance. Don't have to make any big steps we can take it as slow as you want."
She didn't reply but excitedly shook her head to say yes. They both went for the embrace, she laid her head against his chest as Sean kissed her on the top of the head.
"What if I want to take a big step?"
He didn't know how to react, she stood up, taking his hand, and leading him downstairs to her room.
"Right here, let's do it."
"...Are you sure about this?"
"The only time I ever did it it wasn't my choice. I just want to know what it's like with someone you actually care about...and now you're here."
She unbuttoned his shirt and he removed her tank top. They sat on her bed kissing which soon led to other things.
"Wow..." was all Sean managed after.
"Fortunately we don't have to worry about a pregnancy scare."
Sean rolled from laying on his back to on his side looking at her.
"I missed you so much." He said kissing her on the lips again.
Authors note: ok so I been building to this one and really wanted it to be perfect peaceful moment for them both. Let me know what you think and if anyone wants to brainstorm message me, I got a few ideas I want to try out