chapter one

✧.•°*𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

•°*𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

EVELYN WALKED INSIDE THE HOUSE, CLOSING THE DOOR WITH HER FOOT and placing her keys in her bag. "Hi, uncle Zach. You won't believe what happened today… I and Care wanted to go shopping but then-" she stopped walking, noticing the other person in the room other than her uncle.

"Hi?" Evelyn questioned, sending a confused glance at her uncle who just sighed and shook his head. "Eve, this is Stefan, he's our…uh…cousin if we remove some relatives. Is it ok if he stays with us?" Zach asked the girl, who immediately looked at Stefan and, with a small awkward smile nodded and put out her hand. "Hi Stefan, I'm Evelyn." She introduced herself.

"Hi. Thank you for letting me stay here," He said, shaking her head but she just shrugged, "no problem, I mean, you're family so…" hearing her words, his smile widened a bit. Zach places his hands over her shoulders, squeezing them while looking at Stefan with a certain emotion in his eyes that Evelyn couldn't understand. "Stefan here took the bedroom that is after the bathroom outside of your room, on the left. Is that good with you?"

"Yeah of course." Evelyn nodded, smiling at her uncle and cousin before a ping made all of them look at her bag. She took out her phone, seeing it was Caroline who just messaged her, asking if she got home safely. Replying with a quick 'yeah i'm all good!' Evelyn looked at the two males with a small smile "Can we order some food? I don't feel like cooking." She said Zach opened his mouth but he closed it after he saw the look his niece was giving him. "-uncle, i love you but you can't cook." She said, amusement laced on her tone. 

"I can cook if you two want." Stefan interrupted them, his eyebrows raised and a glint of hope in his eyes. Zach hid his grimace from Evelyn, while she just nodded her head innocently. "Only if you want to, don't feel obliged to cook Stefan." She said, finally removing her jacket to place it on the coat hangers. The boy just sent her a closed-lip smile and shook his head. "Nono, it would be my pleasure, really." He said, turning around to walk to the kitchen.

After she removed her shoes, because even after her mom's death she could still hear her voice scolding her for wearing shoes in the house, she followed after him. While Stefan started to look in the fridge to see what they had, Evelyn sat at the table, just looking at her phone and answering the texts she ignored all day. "So, is there something in particular you'd like to eat?" Stefan said, trying to break the silence that fell on the room.

"I've got nothing in mind so you're free to cook whatever you want, chef-" Stefan smiled at her words, a small chuckle escaping his lips, "-but I am allergic to shrimps, if I eat one I might die, so maybe avoid making dishes with those on? Please?" She joked, trying to get her apparently cousin to open up a bit and relax.