chapter four

✧.•°*𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄,
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

•°*𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄,𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

"WHERE ARE YOU LOVE?" A voice spoke, mysterious and laced with an undertone of devotion that seemed to linger every time Evelyn heard it in her dreams. It made her tremble, her hands shaking with either fear or excitement, she didn't know.

She turned around, eyes wide open as she took in the cliff she was facing, noticing the waves crashing down below, the wind against her face, and the rustles of trees behind her. It seemed so real, so similar that she thought she had been there a thousand times and yet, she knew it was not.

"Who are you?" She asked, a voice so soft it almost seemed as if she never spoke at all. But the wind carried her voice, carried it to him.  Suddenly, a gust of wind behind her made her freeze, and a cold hand on her bare shoulder made her turn around quickly just to come face to face with him.

He analysed her face, eyes greedily taking her in as if she was going to disappear without notice, never to return.

"Are you safe?" He asked instead of answering her question, his hand taking hold of her own and gently tracing each line on it before the tip of his fingers moved to trace the veins of her arms as if he was caressing her skin. He glanced around them with suspicious eyes that softened the moment he looked at her confused face.

"What?" Evelyn asked, her voice filled with surprise and disbelief. "I have yet to find who's looking for you, but I promise I won't let them touch you." He said, the hold on her arm tightening until he slowly let go, letting it drop.

"Have you tried to find me yet?" He asked, voice hopeful while he gazed into her eyes.

"What are you talking about?! I'm not- why would I have to find you?! Who even are you?!" Evelyn took a step back, eyes wide while she rubbed the arm that mere seconds ago was in his hold.

"Do you not feel it? Do you not feel our bond yet?" He asked gently, voice soft yet hurt as he tried to read her expression and body language with his attentive and hopeful blue eyes.

"I don't even know who you are! What are you talking about?! Who is looking for me?" She snapped, furrowing her eyebrows as she stared at him, taking a step back, her feet almost going over the edge of the cliff.

"They must be blocking the bond then, that must be why I can't feel you," he deduced, his eyes shifting nervously from her figure and the water below her.

"I have no idea what you're saying!" She said, throwing her hands in the air as she huffed out a breath.

"I will find you, and then, I promise I will answer all your questions," He said, taking a step towards her. The two stared at each other, both chest heaving up and down quickly, too quickly, eyes taking in each other's faces and limbs tingling with their proximity.