chapter three

✧.•°*𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄, 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

HAVING HISTORY WITH MR TANNER FELT LIKE A PERSONAL HELL FOR EVELYN, not only was he awfully rude to all of them, but somehow managed to make one of the subjects that Evelyn usually enjoyed become one she dreaded

As usual, she sat with her sketchbook open, finishing the portrait of her dad she had started two days prior, using it to keep her attention on Mr. Tanner's voice.

"World War II ended...Anyone got anything? Miss Salvatore?

"1945." She spoke, barely lifting her head at her professor before looking around the class, noticing how everyone was sitting boredly and in silence, minus Stefan and Elena who seemed to be in their little world, and that was proven right as Mr. Tanner called Elena.

"Pearl Harbor, Miss Gilbert?"

Elena looked up surprised and embarrassed after being caught slacking.

"Hmm?"

"Pearl Harbor?" He repeated, eyebrows raised and expecting the answer, that did not come, or at least not from her. Instead, it came from her cousin, Stefan.

"December 7, 1941." He spoke confidently, almost smirking at Mr Tanner.

"Thank you, Miss Gilbert." Mr Tanner said, a hard look on his face as he stared at Stefan, who just replied anytime.

"Very well. The fall of the Berlin wall?"

"1989. I'm good with dates, sir."

"Are you? How good? Keep it to the year. Civil Rights Act?"
Evelyn rolled her eyes at Mr Tanner's words, finding him incredibly disrespectful and rude.

"1964."

"John F. Kennedy assassination?"

"1963"

"Martin Luther King?"

"'68."

"Lincoln?"

"1865"

"Roe vs. Wade?"

"1973."

"Brown vs. Board?

"1954."

"The battle of Gettysburg?"