The House

Me and Robin stepped into the creepy house. "Finney?!" I screamed feeling the house shudder

No response. "Shit." Robin said under his breath but I was able to catch it.

The only thing we could hear was the occasional creeks. "Finn!" Robin said before another voice responded with "up here."

We both darted up the steep stairs that revealed a room. It was dusty and full of books and papers

I sighed when I saw finney and saw that he didn't just disappear. The room seemed to be hidden away.

"Listen man I'm getting the creeps from just being here...let's go." Robin said grabbing my shoulder and pushing me and Finn out the door

"Dang alright." Finn said as he tried to pry off robins hand which obviously didn't work

"You both are trying to get us killed." Robin kinda scolded us

"Well..." finney said looking to me like I knew what to say. I really didn't say anything after that. We start to walk back to my house. But from afar we hear cries.

As I start to walk towards it robin grabs my hand "Don't."

"Why not?" I asked pulling my hand away from robins grip

"Do you not know where we are right now?" I thought about it before realizing we are close to where I saw finney get beat up by Vance hopper

"So?" I ask

"This is the woods we're Vance takes kids to beat so the cops don't get called on his ass again." Robin said sounding tired like he has had to deal with this before

I looked at Finn and saw the color drain from him

"Listen I don't know about you but I'm not gonna do nothing, Vance is a huge asshole." I say walking towards the creek

The cries getting louder and I started to smell blood. The smell of it made my stomach churn. As I passed a few of trees I was finally at the creek. I could heard robin and Finn behind me.

"What did I fucking say you little shit." Vance said punching a small boy who looked around 12

"I'm sorry...please stop." Was all the boy could say before Vance continued to punch him

"Hey! Vance!" I shouted I could feel my legs wobble and my hand start to sweat.

Vance looked up straight at me. If looks could kill I would be dead. I gulped as Vance got up from the boy and started to walk to me. "What did I say about coming here dipshit?" He said getting really close to me

"And what did I say about beating up some kid...Vance?" I said trying to sound intimidating but it sounding more like a cat trying to rawr.

"Listen Vance lay off." I heard robin said from behind me

"Shut up you cuntwad, now get out before I beat all of your asses." Vance said placing a hand on my shoulder and squeezing hard.

I swung. I didn't care what I hit but I hit something and hard. I heard a crack and opened my eyes and saw Vance grabbing his nose.

I looked at my hand and saw a small platter of blood on my knuckles. It was only before a moment before Vance swung again. Hitting me in the cheek.

"Hey!" I heard robin before he come from behind me and started to hit Vance. I got up and rushed over to the little kid who looked pretty out of it.

After I got the kid to Finn I started helping robin. I held Vance in a choke hold as robin went at him. I could see in robins eyes that he wanted to do this for some time.

After Vance was well knocked out we ran. Finn and me carried the boy to my house. When we got home we realized grandma was gone again. She had left us leftovers in the fridge to eat.

We set the boy on the couch and I ran upstairs to get the first aid kit. I started to clean him up and place band aids all over. After about 5 minutes he woke up and I gave him some ice.

After a bit he opened up. He told us his name was griffin stagg. I haven't seen him around but he was nice and kinda quite. For the rest of the day we watched movies up stairs but around 4 they all left and went home.

I felt kinda alone with Finn here. I guess I got used to him being here. I thought he was going to stay the week but he just ended up leaving. I opened the fridge the white fluorescent light shined. I grabbed the leftover and placed it in the microwave. After the beep I grabbed the plate and a fork and placed myself in front of the tv.

As I started to watch a TV show I heard I Knock on the door. I expected it to be grandma coming back from work but it was finn. "Finn what are you doing here you are supposed to be home." I say sounding a bit worried

"I had to get some more clothes I can't just stay in these the whole week." He said showing me a bag on his back

I sighed. It felt more like home when Finn was here. I don't know why but I feel in my heart that we were made to be together. I felt I have know him my whole life.

I don't understand it but something is different about Finn. Sure robin is great and all my friends back home are cool but Finn...he is special.

The rest of the night was cozier since Finn was here. We watched the rest of the TV show and ate some good food. As we were about to go to bed Finn started to say something "You know [name]...never mind."

"No tell me" I said turned over to look at him

"I'll tell you tomorrow." He said smiling a bit

"Okay...goodnight funny Blake," I said turning my back to him and closing my eyes.

"Goodnight...[name]." Finn said turning around making the bed squeak.