Chapter 44

Chapter 44

*Author's P.O.V*

A few days later, Harry is still staying at Zayn's place. They didn't do anything special during that time. They mostly just ate and binged different movies and television shows. Just doing little things like that was all that they really needed. Plus, they have all the time in the world to go out and do stuff when Zayn is fully recovered. There were times when Harry would feel extremely useless because Zayn would wake up from his sleep or naps covered in sweat and practically begging for his pills. The only thing he could do was hold him and allow him to cry into his arms until he got tired all over again. As much as it caused Harry to lack sleep, he didn't mind it at all. He'll sacrifice himself a hundred times more if it'll mean that Zayn can go back to living the life he had before he got addicted.

"Who are you on the phone with?" Zayn asks, coming to sit down next to him on the couch.

"Luke, now mooooovvvve." Harry answers as he continues to online shop on Zayn's laptop.

"No, I want your attention." He tells him, shoving his shoulder against his before resting his head on his shoulder.

"You've had my attention for two days straight." Harry states, moving his shoulder away, which makes his head fall back.

"Yeah, but I really need it right now." He says, taking the laptop and sitting it on the coffee table.

"No, Luke, do not let him get away with this." Harry responds, and that gets Zayn to smile big.

"See, even he knows what's best for you." He says before laying on top of him and becoming dead weight.

"Zayn, I will kick you in the nuts if you don't get off of me right now." Harry warns him while trying to get into a good enough position to get him off.

"Bye Luke, you guys can chit chat another time." He says into the phone before ending the call and sitting the device on top of the laptop.

"You're so rude." Harry tells him while trying to knee him in the nuts, but that doesn't go so smoothly.

The sudden jolt of movement causes Zayn to fall off the couch and land on the floor with a thump. He lets out a groan as he rolls onto his side and rubs his aching back. He closes his eyes tightly to really sell his pain. Harry covers his mouth in concern while sitting up on the couch. He reaches out a hand to help him back up, but he learns quickly that his boyfriend is a great actor. In an instant, he is pulled onto the floor with him and starts hitting him with the couch pillow. He grabs the pillow away from him and starts to hit him back as well. However, his hits don't do anything since the brown eyed make keeps blocking them. The pillow is taken from him again before being smacked across his head. He looks at his boyfriend, who is laughing his ass off, with wide eyes.

Zayn didn't think that his recovery could go as good as it is right now. Sure, his side effects aren't the best, but they could be so much worse. All of this was thanks to Harry. He owes him his life at this point no matter how much the other may disagree. Though it sounds cheesy, he feels young again. He's finding joy again in things that he stops doing and isn't having crazy mood swings anymore and not having negative thoughts. He doesn't think that anyone else could have gotten him this far or made him feel this good, not even his own family. Truth be told, he thinks he's in love. Can't blame him, though. He has a thing for falling fast and hard. That doesn't bother him because he knows he'll fall right into a field of fresh flowers, warm sunshine, and a gentle breeze. What's not to love about that?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Harry asks, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"I just really enjoy looking at you, kid." He replies and grins when he sees the deep blush on his cheeks.