Chapter 48

Chapter 48

*Author's P.O.V*

"I got fired today." Zayn says once he enters Harry's apartment with a box of donuts in his hand.

"What the fuck! Why?" Harry asks with wide eyes as they step into the living room.

"A few of my coworkers noticed my withdrawal symptoms and reported it to the manager." He explains, sitting the box down on the coffee table.

"But you're doing so good." Harry states as they sit down on the couch.

"Am I really?" He asks, not really meaning to say that out loud.

"Why do you say that?" Harry questions, and can practically feel the air getting heavy after that.

"I'm suffering internally in every single way that I feel like I'm seconds away from bashing my head into a wall until I can't think anymore." He says while dragging his hands down his face.

"Then we can get you a therapist." Harry tells him, going to grab his hands, but Zayn pulls his hands away.

"They are just going to send me to rehab." He says with a shake of his head.

"What's wrong with going to rehab?" Harry asks, missing the way his jaw clenches briefly.

"I don't want to talk about that." He says, grabbing the television remote and carelessly scrolling for something to watch.

"And that's okay. I won't ever bring it up again." Harry responds as he opens the box and grabs a chocolate donut.

He starts to pick at it as he watches him scroll. He tries not to let it get to him what he thinks happened to him in a rehab as he eats his donut. He knows that if he thinks way too deep about it, he's going to make himself nauseous or cry. The last thing he needs is for his boyfriend to see him like that. As far as he knew, rehab is the best thing for someone struggling with addiction.  If he remembers correctly, the success rate of it is very high. Maybe rehab just makes Zayn really uncomfortable, and that's completely normal. He's going to leave it at that. Deep down, though, he prays that Zayn will get the courage one day to tell him why so his wild conclusions could be proven wrong.

"That's not all." He says while digging into his pockets with a deep sigh.

"Did you relapse?" Harry questions, immediately looking at his body for any signs.

"No, but I bought pills." He says him before handing him the bottle."I've been staring at the bottle for an hour before I came here."

"That's so good, Zayn." Harry tells him, smiling at him, but he doesn't get one back.

"But that shouldn't have happened in the first place." He says, a slight presence of anger in his tone.

"You're going to have moments of weakness. Nobody's recovery will ever be perfect." Harry reassures him, pocketing the pills.

He gets up and leaves to go to the bathroom. Once he's inside, he takes a piss and then goes to wash his hands. As he dries his hands off, he stares at himself in the mirror. He doesn't appear to be too tired. He doesn't want Zayn to notice how helping him is affecting his sleeping schedule because it'll all work out. He takes out the pills and pour them into the toilet. When he looks down at his foot because of an odd feeling, all hell practically breaks loose. Meanwhile, Zayn grabs a donut and starts to eat it as he settles on them watching Castle Rock. He nearly chokes on his glazed donut when he hears a terrifying scream come from the bathroom. He ditches the treat and sprints to his boyfriend. Once he gets to him, he sees him practically attached to the corner of the wall with a horrified look on his face.

"What in the actual fuck?" He says, resting his hands on his knees as he catches his breath."It sounded like you were getting murdered."

"A fucking spider just went across my foot." Harry informs him as he keeps his eye on the last place he seen it while he walks backwards to the door.

"I'd hate to hear your actual scream if you were getting murdered." He says while turning around to leave.

"No, you have to kill it for me." Harry states before reaching out and grabbing his arm.

"I don't like those fuckers either." He says, shaking his hand off.

"But you're tougher than me and the man of the relationship." Harry tells him, and that gets him to laugh.

"Fine, go get me a shoe or something." He says, and Harry rushes out the bathroom to go get a shoe.

"Send that fucker back to hell." Harry tells him when he comes back to the bathroom with his gym shoe.

"Easy kid. Don't add fuel to its fire." He says, and Harry could give zero fucks about that demon.

"That evil creature can't even hear us." Harry responds, giving it the middle finger to where he assumes it is.

"Are you sure about that because he's coming for you right now!" He shouts as the spider, indeed, starts crawling toward him in a quick haste.

"Get it!" Harry responds while making a run for it, but it causes him to clip his shoulder against the doorframe really hard."Son of a bi-"

"Got it." He says as he crushes the spider and then leaves to check on his boyfriend.

He finds him in the living room looking at his very bruised shoulder. He sits behind him and pulls him close so he can examine his injury. He starts to gently rub his shoulder to try and ease his pain. All of this feels so normal to him. It's as if Harry and him are already married, and their kids could run in here any minute to cause trouble. It feels nice to have some normalcy in his life for once. If only he could freeze time so he can enjoy this for much longer. In times like these, he also wishes that he didn't get addicted. Then again, if he didn't, he would have never met Harry and would probably still be spiraling. Spiraling deeper into a dark pit that would swallow him whole and leave nothing of him behind. But now, that spiral is gone and all he has to do is climb back up to the starting point.

"You gotta be more careful, kid." Zayn says, leaning forward to kiss his shoulder.

"In a situation like that, its hard to be." He responds, wincing when he tries to roll his shoulder.

"I wouldn't have let him touch you again." Zayn says as Harry turns around to look at him.

"I know, but I couldn't take that risk." He replies and stops himself from speaking again when he sees him look deeply into his eyes.

"I don't know if this is too early to say, but I love you." Zayn says, causing his mouth to drop open and his eyes to grow wide.

"You what me?" He asks, blinking rapidly while letting out a chuckle of surprise.

"I love you, kid." Zayn repeats with a smile and lets out a grunt when he is pounced on.

"I love you too." He says before leaving kisses along his face."I've been wanting to say that for a week now."

"A week? You should have said it sooner." Zayn tells him, and Harry shrugs.

"I know, but I didn't want to scare you off." He says, ignoring the pain in his shoulder.

"No matter what you do or say, you could never scare me off." Zayn replies before he's smothered in kisses again."Kid, I can't b-"

"Hush and let me love you." He says, and Zayn immediately gives up and let himself be smothered some more.

»»»»»»»»»»»»
Vote

Share

Comment

Thoughts??? No more IG posts of Zayn.

Bye.