□Chapter Twenty-Three□

If someone pretends to be happy it's because they probably want to he happy. That's the conclusion of Shun thoughts.
□□□

When Shun arrived home he checked the time. 11:45. He signed a little bit.

Why the hell does that happen to me?!

His mom stopped asking questions about what was going off one she noticed he didn't talk. He could talk but it felt off in his mouth.

Shun sighed with a soft smile, at least I'm not around peers.

He watched his mother head back to work. The fact she waved goodbye made Shun happy for no reason. He went to his room, and just listened to music. His tears were all gone and he knew the next time he'll cry is if this happens again.

<->

Shun sat at the table eating crackers when a message from Kuboyasu popped up.

AK: Are you feeling better?
SK: mhmm. I'm all good :)
AK: I'm happy to hear
AK: I'll be over in maybe 20 minutes
SK: ??
AK: to give you the notes. don't worry it's not much :)
SK: thank god it's not
SK: I'll leave the door unlocked for you. Just knock and come in :)
AK: sounds good
AK: see you in 20-ish
SK: see ya!
AK: bye :)
SK: buh-bye!
AK: okay I'll actually go now

Shun waited in the kitchen for his friend. He played music but that was the last thing he remembers. After the song Love Me, Please Love Me by Michael Polnareff.

<->

"Shun," someone tapped him. "Honey. Wake up."
Shun rubbed his eyes, "huh?"
"You feel asleep at the table," his mother chuckled. "Why'd you bring a blanket to the table in the first place?"
"What?" Shun mumbled.

He looked around to see he did have a blanket. A plie of school work at under his phone, which wasn't playing music. Shun checked his phone to see the time, but got distracted from a text.

AK: you feel asleep and I didn't want to wake you up. I left your school work on the table. What song were you playing? The singer had a great voice from what I heard.

Shun smiled at the thought of Kuboyasu letting him sleep.

SK: thank you :)
SK: here's the song
SK:

AK: I'll have to listen to it all the way.
AK: make sure to rest property tonight
SK: you too!

<->

A few more days passed by Shun with a blink of an eye. Time just feel out of his grip, and now everyone's talking about the end of the school year. It's now only a month away. I know it's Shun's second year, but next year is his third.

Sure, Shun somewhat knows what he wants to do with his life, but it's all too much. The blue haired boy started think crazy (to him) thoughts like: what if it's not what I do but with who I do it.

Everytime he thinks that way it makes him slightly sick. No one needs other people's love, according to him.

<->

"I know the end of the year is a month away," Mr. Matsuzaki sighed softly. "But please continue to work hard."
Hairo started to yell his, "yeah! We can do it", speech. Kaidou wasn't paying attention to him.

All Shun thought about was that Aren was gone. He texted Shun earlier this morning saying he'll be gone, but not why. It made Shun mind wonder and all his thoughts turned to mush.

The only thing the boy did that day was stare out the window. School left his brain like how Aren left school. Shun never noticed if any bell rang or if anyone yelled at him.

Shun doesn't even know what he thought about, but soon the whole school day was gone. It disappeared. The blue haired boy stopped functioning without Aren's sweet smile, laugh, side comments, compliments, reassurance, and / or assistance.

<->

As Shun sauntered the streets after school; finding an actual non-busy bakery/ café. This new find brought an actual smile to his face as he walked in.

The smell was homely, and somewhat nostalgic. Shun knows he's never been here before but he already wants to come back. Only one other family was at this café. It was a group of two females and a little boy.

Shun walked up to the counter and ordered a strawberry cake and a cheese danish. It was clearly a European inspired, most likely France. The family(?) seemed to enjoy their stay here.

"How many customers do you get daily?" Shun found himself asking.
The person at the counter smiled, "around 40 on our best days."

The blue haired boy became too stunned to speak. This fancy place got washed out by all the other cafés. It a shame. He waited with an amazed look in his eyes. As soon as he got the foot he dashed out though. The excitement filled his blood.

The high-schooler speed-walked to Kuboyasu's house. He couldn't wait to share this magical place with him. Aren's bike was in the driveway, but his parents weren't home yet.

Shun knocked on the door with a smile. Aren opened it slowly and softly. It wasn't opened much so Shun didn't see Aren face at all.

"Shun?" Aren asked. "Why are you here? I already got my notes for today."
Shun smiled more, "I got you something else. I found a café, which doesn't get many customers. Do you want a strawberry cake or cheese danish?"
"You didn't have to," Aren chuckled. "I probably shouldn't though. I'm slightly sick."

Aren doesn't sound sick. His voice still sounds like a melody.

"How?" Shun asked. "What did you get?"
"Just a cold," Aren replied.
Shun frowned, "do you need medicine? I can buy some for you."
Aren coughed a bit, "no, I have some here."
"At least take something. You can eat it once you feel better," Shun sighed.
Aren sighed softly in return, "okay. Just leave it at the door. I don't want you to get sick too."
"You don't sound sick," Shun huffed.
Aren chuckled, "I just don't want you to see me like this."
"Like what?!" Shun whisper-yelled. "I really want to see every side of you. Bad, good, great, poor habits, all of it. Because you're my best friend."
Aren sighed, "I just got into a fight and no they out numbered me. By the eighth guy I got tired."
"WHAT?!" Shun actually yelled. "ARE YOU OKAY?! HOW WAS THE FIRST AID? CAN I HELP?"
Aren smiled, which shun didn't see, "how about: I eat one of those things you bought. It'll fix me right up."
Shun nodded, "okay. Buh-bye then."

He set down the pastry, and ran to the end of Aren's driveway. Shun waved goodbye as the other man, his best friend in fact, grabbed the treat. Shun's legs carried him all the way home, where he devoured the cheese danish.

AK: thank you :)
AK: I really appreciate all you do
AK: the cake was delicious. Where was the shop?
SK: I'll show you once your better :p
AK: okay, it's a date.*
SK: sure. If you want it to be.
AK: I would like that
SK: a date it is
□□□

"It's a date" is a popular American expression meaning 'we can do that' / 'that works'. This saying is manly used well planning a one on one event.