□Chapter Twenty-Four□

AK: okay, it's a date.
SK: sure. If you want it to be.
AK: I would like that
SK: a date it is
□□□

Another day passed without Kuboyasu. Another day of Shun not being able to fully focus on his thoughts. Another day, but this time he focused a bit on school. Everyone who talked around him wasn't listened to (by him at least). The only thing he did was take notes and do assignments.

<->

The days turned by slow, yet they all mashed together. Kuboyasu ended up not coming to school for four days. Once he arrived: everyone else went to him.

"Where did you go?"
"How did you get sick?"
"We thought you died or something."
"I thought you got kidnapped!"
"Do you need to borrow my notes?"

Maybe a few other whispers fell out of there peer's mouths, but none Shun paid attention to. Kaidou was a little frustrated that as soon as Kuboyasu came back other people took him away.

As soon as the teacher arrived Kuboyasu made it to his seat. Clearly the amount of peers which surrounded him, made him feel awkward. You can see that fact in his eyes and the chuckle he used to greet Shun.

After a moment Aren whispered, "Do you still want to go to the Bakery you found?"
Shun nodded, "I didn't plan on canceling."
"I thought you would forget about it," Kuboyasu joked.
"How could I forget," Shun sighed. "I was waiting for this since I found it."
"Have you brought your family yet?" Kuboyasu smiled softly.
"Only Sora," the blue haired boy informed. "If I get a job, I think it would be a great place."
Aren nodded, "I think you'll do great."

The two gave each other a smile before attempting to pay attention. Shun's mind wandered to applying for the European styled bakery.

<->

"Shun," Kuboyasu stood up. "What ya daydreaming about?"
"Employment, pastries, so the normal," Shun admitted.
Aren nodded, "let's sit outside for lunch."
"It's already lunch?" Kaidou thought outloud.

Aren laughed with a smile as Shun stood up. The two walked out of the classroom with lunchboxes in their hands.

"What made you start baking?" Aren asked.
Shun sighed, "I baked with my dad. I wasn't the best at first, but I wanted to make mom happy. She didn't smile much after my dad left, plus she couldn't cook."
"That must of felt good," Aren mumbled. "To see her smile, I mean."
Shun nodded, "it was the best feeling in the world. Even if it had a bad outcome she smiled for me."
"Sounds like she's a wonderful woman," the purple haired high schooler smiled sweetly.
Shun nodded, "she's wonderful, yet strict when she needs."
"I bet she didn't have to use it often," Kuboyasu started. "She has good kids after all."
Shun lightly punched Aren's arm, "of course I'm awesome."

The two laughed as they found a place to sit. The grass was such a lovely shade of green, it was perfect for the two of them. They sat in the in the same spot until the bell rang.

<->

Once the final bell rang, Shun shot out of his seat. The excitement of showing Aren the qanat bakery. The purple haired boy had rushed in the same way, but for a complete different reason.

Shun did a little happy dance, which consists of rotating his upper body with a smile taking up his face. The dance made Aren smile as well. They walked to the little bakery with joy in each step.

As they approached the bakery Shun started having a bounce to his steps. The way he walked never bothered Aren, yet some strangers around him raised their eyebrows. The feeling of eyes surrounding Shun made him cautious. The bouncing stopped, yet the same toothy smile stayed still.

The bakery doors opened for the two boys, engolfing them with the smell of bliss. Some may argue that you can't smell emotions, but anything fells possible here.

"Is there anything I can get for you?" a girl at the counter smiled softly.
Aren looked to Shun, "what did you get me last time?"
"The strawberry cake," Shun informed. "We'll have a strawberry cake and a chocolate croissant."
She nodded, "anything else?"
"Oh," Shun started. "Can I ask what the hourly pay is?"
"Yeah it's ¥965," she admitted.

Shun nodded with a bigger smile. He knew this place would be the best first job. Aren and Shun found a table that worked perfectly.

"Oh, what does 'it's a date' mean?" Shun asked with a chuckle.
Aren chuckled, "it's an American expression meaning that something, normally a one on one hang out, works out."
"So you weren't trying to ask me out?" Shun said, not knowing if he should be disappointed.
Aren shook his head, "I'd gladly go on a date with you."

Shun froze a bit. He knew what he would say if the words would flow freely. His voice lost it way too many times in his life. The blue haired boy sighed and pulled out his phone.

SK: I'd go on any date you ask me to

Aren checked his phone once he heard the ding. He watched Shun type, so he figured it was him. Aren chuckled softly at the message. Shun couldn't take his eyes of his legs, it was like gravity was pulling on his head.

When his phone lit up, it was Aren.

AK: I think we agreed that we both like each other and won't do anything about it.

Shun gave an awkward chuckle.

SK: yeah... I think we both would rather go on a couple dates. To see if what we feel is friendship or romantic, right?

Shun closed his eyes as he waited to hear any scoff from Aren. The boy next to him just typed another message.

AK: I'm pretty sure I know how I feel.
AK: I like you, so I want you to like me back. I'll wait, but hopefully not forever.

Shun looked up from his screen to see Aren's gone. He was too busy reading the message he didn't realize that his food was ready. Aren came back with a smile.

"Let's go on a date," Shun mumbled.
Aren nodded, "I thought this was already one."

Shun nodded as he took a bite of his chocolate croissant. His eyes lit up.

"I know this is a change of topic but try this," Shun held a bit of his pastry with a fork.

Aren nodded as he took a bite from the fork as Shun held it up.

Aren's eyes widened, "that is good, even if it has chocolate."
"You don't like chocolate?" shun asked.
Aren gave a frown, "I hate chocolate. I prefer fruity toppings."
"Yeah, I dislike most chocolates. Plan chocolate ice cream is the worst," Shun admitted.

The two laughed at the agreement they had. Their disliking for chocolate wasn't uncommon, but it felt good to agree on something like that. It felt as if they didn't get the exact same thoughts, they can still understand the other.