Chapter Nine: Strange Markings

**Ash's POV**

I slowly opened my eyes. The sun streamed into the room lightly through the white curtains. I groaned and tried to move to the side but my hips hurt. "Ouch~" I rubbed m the side of my hips.

"Sorry Ash, I couldn't hold back" Nate kissed my neck. I pushed him away and begin to pout.

"Hmm I don't think I can forgive you unless you make me pancakes" I smirked, he nodded. I stared at his body and noticed a very large tattoo (pic on the side). "Hey have you always had a tattoo?"

He looked down "no... when did this get here?" I touched the werewolf tattoo and it began to shine a silvery glow.

"What?" I let go and quickly got up but as soon as I did I felt pain and fell down. "Jesus christ you need to hold back next time" I groan, he stands up and goes t help me but stops. "Hey! Help me up!"

"You have one too... it's on your back. You know your vampire family crest? It's tattooed on your back... along with wings!" I tried to look at my back to no avail. Nate seemed to be in deep thought.

"What does this mean?" The pain began to slowly fade. I guess I heal faster now... I stood up, waiting for a reply.

"I don't know. This doesn't happen... we''ll get dressed and then we can go look in the library, there should be some answers" I nod and head for the shower.

*
*
*
*

When we were done we walked to the library. Like before the stairway was dark. Though this time I could see perfectly fine. "Hey Nate, last time I walked down here I couldn't see a thing so why's it so clear now?"

He stopped and turned to me "remember what Damien said, we won't know what powers you'll discover, and it's a known fact vampires as well as other supernatural beings can see in the dark just fine" he turned and we kept walking. Soon we where at the door. He opened it and we stepped in.

"How come before it took such a hours to get down here and now It's just minutes?" I asked as we began looking around.

"To give me time" he paused, saw the confused expression on my face and kept talking "so I'll be able to asses the situation. If the person going down the stairs is an enemy there will be no end to the stairs and they will die there. If the person isn't an enemy they will reach the door after a few hours" I nod understanding.

*

*

*

*

By the time we were done with the second floor we hadn't found anything. So we decided to take a break. As we sat there I stared at Nate. I wanted to draw him. Not in a titanic sort of way but in a way that showed how I felt about him.

There were no words created that could describe it but one came pretty close. Love. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw a shimmering light. Both the colors gold and silver. I stood up and picked up a heavy looking book which to my surprise was not heavy at all.

"M" was the title on the cover. "Hey Nate? Is this it?" I asked holding the book up.

"I don't know... I've never seen it here" He walks over and opens it. He flips the pages which were all blank. When we got to the middle of it there were two pages which did have writing.

~Prophecy states that centuries from the third red moon two soul mates will be born. One of another kind, a different breed, a monster, and the other, a wolf. A war with 'them' Will begin. These two must fight as one. They must love as one. Above all must not let anyone come between them. They shall mate due to pain and love. The Next Day they will be marked with symbols of their love, strength, light, dark, and courage.