Chapter 12: Rejected

**Nate's POV**

"They're back!" I heard Jason shout. I ran outside and saw Nate and Cody were arriving at the front entrance. My heart skipped a beat, I was finally going to have my mate back in my arms where he belongs.

"Ash!" I shouted and ran to him. I took him in my arms and spun him around. He smiled down at me as I did so. "I missed you" I whispered and kissed his cheek.

"Yeah..." he trailed off, I frowned not knowing if he was mad at me or if he was just tired. I couldn't have done anything so it must be that he's tired.

"I want to go to bed" he yawned. I put him down.

"Of course. You go on ahead, I'll be right with you" I grinned and he began walking back.

*

I sighed "well we would still have a weak spot on the northern half of the territory..." I trailed off. "Maybe if we just split half from the west and half from the east. Then we could have half the south back at the pack house and waiting in case any side needs backup" I nodded to myself.

"That sounds good to me" Cody grinned. "Hey... I noticed something weird in Ash I have no idea what it is but he just doesn't seem like himself" he looked down.

"Why do you say that? I didn't notice anything" I tilt my head.

"Well maybe it's just me, I mean if his mate doesn't notice anything wrong there must be nothing wrong" Cody shrugs "I gotta go now, reunion with my mates" he winks.

"I don't need to know that!" I shout in disgust as he walks out. 

"There's nothing wrong with him..." I mutter to myself and shrug. "Well my work is done here" I smile and begin to walk over upstairs when I begin feeling sick to my stomach. Weird. I shook it off, if it's something I ate I should be fine in a couple minutes. I begin to hear random noises, and the door to my room was only half way closed, slowly I push open the door and see Ash making out with some guy. This guy I recognized was Jason a park warrior wolf.  Jason looks over at me in shock but Ash stares at me emotionless. 

"T-this isn't what it looks like!" Jason pushes Ash away and quickly bows down in submission.

"He's right..." Ash smirks "I forced him, he was delicious" Ash licks his lips in a seductive way "I cheated on you and I don't regret it. In fact I never actually loved you" he shrugs.

"Why?" I ask, not letting myself cry. I was not going to cry or show any feeling to a traitor. A cheater. A liar.

"I just told you" he rolled his eyes.

"I reject you" I spoke the words quickly and without feeling. I couldn't figure out whether I was hurt, shocked or angry. Probably both.

"Nate..." Ash showed sadness and I was about to take it back when he began to laugh "is that what you wanted me to say? You're dumber than I thought, I mean I knew you were stupid but this... wow" he rolled his eyes, he crossed his arms and began to walk out.

"Just leave" I whispered without looking at him.

"I was already leaving" I heard his steps get further and further away until I didn't hear them anymore. I just lost my mate.

"Alpha..." Jason whimpered.

"I know it wasn't your fault, let me be alone right now" I ordered. He quickly stood up and left closing the door behind him. 

I fell to my knees and just stared at the floor. I felt as if all strength had been taken from me. I touched the bottom of my eyes only to notice tears seeping out. I felt numb.

*Ash's POV*

I was aware of everything that was happening but I couldn't move. My body was moving on it's own, I watched as Nate kissed my lips, I saw how my body betrayed him. Why was this happening? "I reject you" he said it and I knew it really hurt him because it hurt me too. I held my mouth, I felt like throwing up. I couldn't hold it in and blood rose up my throat and out my mouth. I was trapped in my body, it's hard to explain but I was still there, my soul in the shape of me.

My body began to  move away and I tried to scream, I tried to beg Nate to help me. I tried to reach for him but I couldn't. It felt as if all connection had been cut and I began feeling this when I threw up the blood. Had that been our bond being thrown out of me? I began to shake, no tears fell, there were none since I was not completely in my body. Half of me is missing, and there's nothing I can do.

I was back with that man from the woods. He strapped my willing body to a table and suddenly I was thrown back into my body, I was in full control. "He won't try to find you now" he laughed and walked out.

"Nate... why? why am I still able to feel your warmth? The reminder is there but the rejection is taking over. I don't care if I die anymore. I'm sure you don't love me anymore" I felt a pain in my heat and I screamed, tears finally began to fall. I wasn't sure if Carey was still there.

'Carey? Please tell me you're there' I begged but there was no answer.

'Yeah I'm here you idiot' Carey answered in a mocking tone.

'I'm sorry Carey. I realize I was being a moron' Carey makes a noise in agreement. 'There's no way of getting out of this is there?' I laughed.

'Well you can actually-' before Carey can finish the door opens and that man rushes in, he injects me with something.

"I know about your little power! I won't let you get away!" He laughed.

"What did you~" I begin to feel dizzy.

"It's a special formula able to block that power of yours. Made with the essence of your mate" he laughs.

"Why are you doing thi-s~" I fight to keep my eyes open.

"I want that power so my pets don't die so easily" he grins evilly.