- The Flight -

They had been in the air for 5 hours now. Their moods had gone from excited to tired now. Exhausted by the constant flying, they let out a collective groan when their pilot reminded them they would be flying for another 3 hours. Many of them were already regretting the decision to even go on this vacation.

Usually, when they got a chance to go on a vacation, they would hop onto it quickly, as they had done in this case. When the opportunity to go to a secluded island arrived, many players immediately submitted their names in the draw. These 12 players were chosen out of hundreds of others. Ozil sat in the back, alone, lost in thoughts and whatever was playing in his headphones. He was a quiet man. He had rarely spoken to the rest except a hello here and there. For someone whose name had come up in a lucky draw, he didn't look very excited to be there. In the front area, Neymar, Messi, Dybala, and Di Maria were sitting and there was a lot of noise coming from that area, as was usual in any place Neymar was present. He was a very talkative and loud guy after all! Cristiano sat with Ramos and the old friends chatted away about God knows what. Mbappe had plugged his earbuds in as soon as he stepped on board the plane. He was sitting quietly and Hakimi sat next to him, fast asleep. Haaland and Harry sat behind them, talking about football.

Emiliano sat away from everyone, reading a book – trying to read anyways. Every now and then he would glare at Neymar curtsey of the loud laughter coming from the Brazilian. He let out a loud sigh and closed his book with resignation. There was no way he was going to be able to read anything with Ney around. He rummaged around his handbag to find his earphones but they were nowhere to be found. He let out a sound somewhat between a cry and a groan. He got up, threw his bag on his now empty seat, and walked to where Neymar was seemingly telling the others about his "crazy night in Brazil". As he got near them, Leo motioned for him to sit behind him, next to Di Maria, who was uncharacteristically talkative that day. Emi smiled and obliged the captain. He had a lot of respect and love for Leo, as did everyone who knew him. As soon as he sat down, Di Maria slung his arm around his shoulder.

"Oi Emi, where were you? Neymar here is telling us about the time he got arrested for stealing a police car!"

Emi looked at Neymar who was busy telling his story to everyone and shook his head. Of course, he would get arrested for such things!

"Did he now? That doesn't look good for him, does it?"

"No, but it's Neymar after all" Di Maria said with a shrug.

Emi tried his best to catch up with Neymar on his wild adventures but he couldn't help but zone out again.

EMI'S POV

What would I be doing right now if I wasn't here? Hmm...

Probably practicing or partying or –

Wait, what day is it today?!

The thought of not knowing the date rattled me a bit. Maybe it's an overreaction but I need to check! Looking around, I saw Mbappe with a watch on. Maybe he can tell me! I got up, excusing myself, and went straight to Kylian where he was lost in his music. Do I shake him or just pat him? Ugh

After not-so-thorough contemplation, I shook him out of his trance.

"Oi! Kylian!"

He stirred awake as if the earth had exploded.

"What? What happened? Are we there yet? Did we crash? OhmigodamIdying?!"

I felt like facepalming at that moment. I gently grabbed his shoulders to steady him.

"No. We're fine and there's still time left before we land. I just need your help"

He gave me a look and believe me if looks could kill, I'd be 6 ft under right now.

"Really? I just had a heart stroke, you idiot!"

I didn't know what to say. I gently shook him. He was overreacting.

"Anyways, what did you need my help for?" He said while rubbing his eyes.

"Well, what's the date and time right now?"

My words seemed to have angered him even more. He sighed loudly and rubbed his hands over his face.

"Excuse me? You're telling me that you shook me violently to ask me what today's date is?!"

"Violently? I gently shook you awake!"

"Oh, you didn't! You shook me hard! I thought we had crashed!"

I actually facepalmed. This little shit-

"Okay fine! I quaked your existence! Now tell me the damn date and time!"

He opened his phone to check and in the most annoyed tone, told me, "Today is April 6th and it's 7:54 PM right now."

April 6th! What?! The flight was supposed to be only 8 hours and we had left on April 4th...

Apparently, I wasn't the only one concerned as Ozil joined us and had the same question as me.

"Hey, if you don't mind, what's the time right now? My phone is being weird"

Kylian looked at him and then at me and then groaned loudly.

"Really? What am I, the resident clock?"

Someday, I will bitch slap the shit out of him...

"It's 7:55 PM right now! Let me sleep now please!"

And with that, the little shit was back in his seat and into his world of music.

Ozil looked at his phone and then at me.

"Umm, don't think me crazy but I think we've been in the air for longer than we should have..."

I knew something was wrong but hearing it from him gave me sudden chills.

"I know. We've been in the air for a day and a half"

I could see my words had the same effect on him. He looked at me with absolute terror in his eyes. We both glanced at others who were oblivious to this fact. My eyes went to Neymar still telling his stories and others laughing with him and to Hakimi sleeping peacefully and to Ramos who was still talking to Cristiano and at last to Haaland who was looking directly at us with the same realization clear in his eyes.

We were screwed...