- All in Vain -

Neymar's booming voice stopped Ozil and Hakimi in their tracks. They shared a look and immediately went to see him. Neymar rushed out of the cockpit with a paper in his hands. He started waving that sheet of paper like a flag, holding a wide grin on his face. Emi came running out behind him.

"Oi Neymar! Give me the codes! We don't wanna lose them!"

Of course, he didn't listen. All the others had stopped searching the plane and gathered in the sitting area.

Haaland was the last one to stand from his seat alongside Kylian. He didn't look particularly happy about the news. Neither did Dybala, who glanced continuously between the Brazilian man and the paper in his hand.

"Neymar! I'm serious! We can't lose them! Someone needs to put them in as soon as possible so we can go home."

"Oh chill out Emi! Ain't no one gonna take these away here. Relax!"

"Relax? There's a dead man in the plane we're in! Is this not serious enough for you?"

Neymar turned toward him and his expression changed from a happy one to a completely serious one.

"You think I don't understand what we're facing right now? Just because I'm trying to stay positive doesn't mean I'm ignorant of the situation. I know you're concerned but believe me, you're not the only one."

EMI'S POV

Damn! I didn't expect to get lectured by Neymar of all people, but here we are... He's not wrong though...

"I'm sorry Ney. I didn't want to offend you in any way."

I hope he's not too mad.

Neymar smiled and bumped my shoulder with his.

"It's alright. I'm just saying that there's no need to panic. We've got the codes. We can go home now."

I nodded at him in agreement.

"Well, we did the work of finding them but who's gonna enter them and set the location? Anyone here knows how to operate a plane or what?"

No one replied. As I expected. Oh, dear...

"Ahem. So, we found the codes but no one knows what to do next...great!"

Everyone looked at each other awkwardly. What have we gotten ourselves into...

The awkward silence was broken by laughter. Not the 'shit we're dead' nervous laughter but the 'I'm a psycho villain' laugh. Our heads whipped in unison towards the source and it was Dybala, standing the farthest back. He laughed loudly and didn't stop till Leo coughed.

He stopped laughing and looked at us and started laughing again.

Neymar made a gesture of 'he has lost it' and Leo ran his hand over his face.

"Shut it, Madonna!" I said before I could stop myself. Behind me, Cristiano burst into a fit of giggles and Ramos gestured for him to shut up, which he did.

Dybala wiped his eyes and cleared his throat.

"What? Did I not tell you, people, that it's useless? But you still wasted so much time in all this Sherlock Holmes shit. Now sit and wait for the plane to land."

Hakimi and Kylian looked at each other, then at Dybala, and then sat back in their seats. Harry, Ramos, and Cristiano followed suit. Di Maria and Neymar had sat back down as well. Leo, Ozil, Haaland, and I were still standing, looking at each other.

"Did you find the parachutes Ozil?" Leo asked, with hopeful eyes.

"Unfortunately no. No chutes at all."

Ozil's answer sealed the deal. No one was going anywhere. Here we go.

END OF EMI'S POV

There was a complete and deafening silence in the plane. There was only one more thing louder than the silence – fear. All of them were aware and afraid of their impending deaths. Mbappe and Hakimi were holding each other's hands, eyes closed, and heads on each other's shoulders. Haaland sat alone, looking out the window, probably hoping to see someone coming to rescue them. Di Maria and Emi sat together, lost in thoughts. Leo sat with a sleeping Neymar, who had put his head on his shoulder. Dybala sat alone in the back, reading some book he had found in Emi's bag. Harry sat with Ozil, praying for a safe and quick return to their homes. Cristiano and Ramos sat together in silence.

Even though they weren't talking, one voice was in their heads.

They were headed to hell.

And that threat became a lullaby as they drifted into sleep.

A/N

Sorry this one is kinda short. It's a filler. The plane will land in the next chapter, I promise lol.

Thank you to everyone who is reading this book. I hope you're liking it! I would love any suggestions you might have. Just drop them in the comments! 

Thank you again!