- So It Began -

EMI'S POV

I was yet to recover from the shock of what I had read when we heard a scream from the front area of the plane.

"HOLY SHIT!"

It was Haaland's distinct voice. Leo didn't waste a moment before rushing to see what happened. I followed him of course. By the time we reached the cockpit, the rest of them were already there. Ozil stood at the door, his face pale. Haaland was inside the cockpit and we waited impatiently to see what had caused the Norwegian to scream like a girl. After a few moments, he came out of the cockpit with his face holding a look of absolute terror.

Ramos was the one to speak amongst us.

"Hey, what happened?"

Haaland didn't reply. He was still like a mannequin. Ramos turned to Ozil who was standing still and terrified.

"Ozil, what happened?"

"The pilot... he's dead"

Ramos stared at his friend in disbelief. Cristiano pushed his way forwards.

"Bullshit! Ain't no way! We're still flying!"

"The plane is on auto-pilot. We're dead!"

Haaland's voice was breaking and if the situation wasn't this drastic, I'd have definitely teased him about it. Hakimi left the area clutching his forehead. He sat on the first seat and was now on the verge of crying. Before I could go see him, Mbappe cut me off and sat next to him. It was the 12th time I felt like punching him. Ozil was stuck to the spot near the door where he had started praying. Ramos was next to him, holding him up. Cristiano had gone to see the dead pilot and he returned with his face as pale as Haaland's. Too much for being strong I guess.

"Well, how did he die?"

My question fell on deaf ears. Di Maria had also sat down on one of the seats. Neymar and Dybala stood near the door still, probably wanting to go see but too scared to actually go. I decided to go see the pilot myself.

As I was about to enter the cockpit, Dybala grabbed my arm.

"Are you sure Emi? It must be a horrible sight to make Cristiano and Haaland look like terrified 5-year-old kids..."

Typical Dybala.

"I'll be fine, don't worry Paulo"

I shook his hand off and went in. the sight was definitely not a pretty one. The pilot lay dead in his seat, his hands still on the controls. I looked around to find anything suspicious but all I found were water bottles and a packet of chips. I checked his body for any injuries but he seemed ok.

Then how the hell did he die here miles in the air?!

And then my eyes went to his mouth and there it was! The foam was starting to come out of his mouth and his face was a little bluish in color.

So he was poisoned!

I took another look around and then it hit me. The water bottles! They must be poisoned!

We are super screwed!

END OF EMI'S POV

Minutes had passed since Emi had gone into the cockpit. Dybala had started to get worried for his friend. But there was no way he would go in. He could never do well with dead bodies and blood. The thought only horrified him. So instead, he went to Leo.

"Hey Leo, do you mind checking if Emi is ok in there?"

"Uh, sure." As soon as Leo stood up to go in, Emi came out holding two water bottles.