- The Warning -

Seconds turned into hours as Ozil and Emi tried to decide whether to tell the others or not. There was no point in hiding it but there was no point in telling them either. They were hundreds of feet in the air. Haaland sauntered over to them and let out a snort.

"What are we waiting for? Shouldn't we tell everyone about the messed up shit?"

Ozil shook his head. Haaland didn't seem very pleased by that answer.

"Why not? They're as screwed as we are!"

"It's pointless. If they cared, they'd have noticed that we've been flying for too long"

"My man Emi, have you never flown before? Time stops in the air"

"It does but the sun has set twice already. How have they not noticed?"

"Look around man, they're all asleep"

Emi looked around and found almost everyone fast asleep. All except Di Maria who was staring out the window with his jaw wide open.

Ozil had spaced out of the conversation long ago. He was thinking of the possible reasons for this weird situation.

"Do you think we should ask the pilot?"

Emi and Haaland turned towards him simultaneously, possibly startled by him speaking out of nowhere.

"Huh?"

"The pilot. Maybe he knows something we don't"

"Oh yes. Maybe we should do just that instead of the Mission Impossible shit Emi is probably thinking of"

Haaland's comments went over Emi's head as he turned back to observe Di Maria who still sat with his mouth agape.

EMI'S POV

What's wrong with him? Why is he sitting there like that? Should I go talk to him... Hmm, maybe I should. It would definitely be an upgrade from Mute Mary and Big Boy Billy here...

Without giving it a second thought, I quickly went to see my friend.

He didn't notice my presence at all which is weird because he's the most present-minded person I know...

"Hey, Di, are you alright?"

Nothing.

"Di Maria!"

Silence.

This time I shook him violently. This seemed to work as he slowly turned towards me.

"Oh Emi, hi. When did you come here?"

"I don't know, a minute ago. You alright?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"You were staring out this window for the last ten minutes..." Like an idiot.

"Was I really? Wow! I didn't even realize"

"Anything special out there?" I said with a slight giggle.

He smiled warmly at me.

"Why don't you take a look?"

I nodded and shifted seats with him. As soon as I glanced out the window, my jaw fell to the floor. The sea stretched beneath us for what seemed like infinity. It was a weird blue-green color. Small waves rattled the otherwise tranquil water. And in the middle of this vast sea was an island, beautiful and full of colors. It seemed like something out of a Disney movie.

Beside me, I heard Di Maria chuckle.

"See? This is why I was gaping out the window like an idiot"

I almost choked on air hearing the last part of his sentence. How did he know I called him an idiot...

"I know you thought that while I was staring out. I know you like the back of my hand"

I stole a quick glance at his face, searching for anger or sarcasm but all I found was genuine amusement. Di Maria might be the sweetest person alive.

END OF EMI'S POV

Their peaceful moment was disturbed by Neymar's loud exclamation.

"I THINK WE'RE HERE!"

Emi shook his head at the Brazilian's no filter loud voice. He was getting really tired of him and the vacation was yet to start.

"Uhm, guys? I think there's something wrong with my watch. It's showing today's date and time as April 7th, 7 AM..."

Haaland let out a wild laugh at Harry's question.

"Ah, so you finally noticed it? It's not only your watch my friend. It's the actual date and time"

Everyone started looking at their watches and a series of gasps and 'what' could be heard.

"While you guys make peace with the fucked up reality, Ozil and I will talk to the pilot. Feel free to cry."

With that, Haaland and Ozil made their way to the cockpit.

"Oh, man! Here I thought I was gonna relax for once!"

Many people agreed with Cristiano's complaint. Leo got up and went to the back to retrieve his bag. Emi went after him.

EMI'S POV

If anyone is here who can make any sense right now, it has to be Leo. He's the wisest person here.

I quickly make my way after him to the back of the plane where he's grabbing his bag.

"Leo! Wait!"

He turned towards me, his face calm as always.

"Yes Emi, is everything alright?"

"Not really, no. This... this whole situation is wrong. What's going on? Do you think we're in danger?"

He didn't seem fazed by my worried tone at all. He put his bag on an empty seat beside him and his other arm on my shoulder. His face turned uncharacteristically grave, adding to my fear.

"We've made a huge mistake by coming here. We shouldn't have agreed to this. I should have listened."

"L-Listened to whom?"

He opened his bag and pulled out a small folded paper. He handed it to me and told me to read it.

"I received it two days before we left."

As soon as I read the words written on that paper, I felt my blood go cold.