The Start of it All

Jochiro and Kasumi Shimazaki were by their shared bedroom window.

Before they could react a man came up and swiftly killed their father.

Their eyes widen as they watch in awe.

Kasumi listens to her older brother talk to the man.

"You don't care that I just killed your father?" The man asked, startled and confused.

'That abusive man? No way.' Kasumi thinks looking at her arm where bruises still remained. 'Maybe in another life.'

Jochiro tells him that assassination was an art form.

Kasumi nods to agree with her older brother. She wasn't sure what they were talking about but if her older brother did something she was going to follow.

"Please train us!" Jochiro and Kasumi bow.

The man sighs and takes the two stubborn kids with him. 'I hope this isn't a mistake.'

Jochiro hops around and takes Kasumi's hand excitedly. "Kasumi I swear I'll give you a better life!" He swears to her with a happy grin.

Kasumi looks up at him smiling. "Those old geezers will never get us again."

Their mom and dad. Blinded by their fame and wealth. Never gave up a chance to 'teach' them something new. They had a beat-it-into-them mindset.

"Thanks Nii-San."

"Don't think I'll go easy on you since your kids." The man says.

The siblings nod. "Hai!"

.
.
.

Kasumi and Jochiro collapse on the ground.

The man: The Reaper sighs. "Is that all you two can do?"

Kasumi growls to herself. She stumbles but stands up and helps her brother. "Don't underestimate us we won't give up!" That's what she learned from Naruto anyway. He always inspired her to stand up against bullies. The Reaper was definitely a bully.

The Reaper just side eyes us. 'We shall see about that.'

Years later

Kasumi swings her legs over the city. They were staying in a apartment for now so master can complete a job.

Jochiro goes near Kasumi. "Kasumi.... I think.... I think master is using us... Think about it we've been treated poorly and polished into weapons. He doesnt care about us."

The 12 year old Kasumi looks up. "I-I know what you mean... but do you think he really doesn't care about us?" She stutters through the sentence. 'He has to care about us a bit doesn't he? I mean sure there's been a few times where we've almost died but... can you live with someone for that long and not care about them?'

Jochiro sighs and sits down. "No I don't think he does... don't worry I will get us out of this again. I'm sorry I told you that you wouldn't be abused again. And now this. I'm sorry." He says looking down.

"It's ok Nii-San I'm used to it. Don't do anything reckless." Kasumi pats his back reassuringly. "I'll be with you always."

He sighs and hugs her. "Goodnight." He gets up and leaves.

A day later

"Kasumi come here!" Jochiro says to her but she was too far away as the gate closes. His eyes widen and he looks genuinely scared and sad.

"Jochiro?" The reaper asks as the gate closes.

"My name is now The Reaper. Don't worry where your going you won't need the name. Cya master." Jochiro turns around. 'I'm so sorry Kasumi I didn't know this would happen I will save you.' The Reaper 2.0 walks away.

Kasumi watches him looking sad. But the 12 year old puts on a brave face. 'I'll see him again. No doubt. But did he actually leave me here? Damn, that's rough.'

Men with guns and lights surround them.

"What do we do master? Should we take them down?" Kasumi looks up and back at the guns nervously.

"Idiot they have guns and even if there were less they could still shoot us." The Reaper scoffs and Kasumi flinches but nods and they both put there hands up.

((End of chapter 1 :)