Chapter 5 - UNCUT

Hi - from this point on the difference between the versions becomes very noticeable!  I still cringe when I post it but here it is! 

WARNING - There are scenes of a sexual nature and course language in this chapter.

Chapter 5 - UNCUT

I flung myself into my duties.  Even so it was only once Aine returned that I left the safety of the kitchens.   I then found reason for her to be at my side all afternoon.  We were decorating the hall when I felt his presence.  I didn’t need to hear him or see him to know he was near. 

“Ahh, you ladies look like you could benefit from some male... intervention,” he chuckled as he leant into me, brushing up against me as he took the wreath out of my fully extended hands, then without any difficulty he hung it from the high hook.

“Thank you Lord Torc,” I nodded to him and turned back to Aine.

“Queen Maeb, would it be possible for you to give me a tour of the grounds.  I have an interest in horticulture, in planting things,” he whispered at me while his eyes danced with their suggestiveness.

“I will ask one of the Gardeners to accompany you, they would be better prepared for such enquiries.” I briskly replied and turned again from his probing eyes and the sensations that they enticed in me.

“You see?” he laughed to his companion.

“Incredible my Lord, I don’t need to remind you of the prophecy do I?” I turned to see the tall, dark haired, broad man looking seriously at Torc who was smiling that half smile at me.

“Prophecy!” he scoffed.  “Firstly I don’t believe in that tripe and secondly Douglas I doubt I am in jeopardy of that.”  He laughed outright and slapped his companion on his back.  Douglas turned and looked at me.  I gasped his eyes were clear and bright but a deeper blue than Torc’s but they had the same intensity.  I turned away from him, a different emotion I had sensed from him as our eyes met ... fear flooded into me.  Why?

“Douglas,” Torc growled softly at his man

“Forgive me my Lord.  I was curious, could I...?” I watched him nod towards Aine who was still hanging up a wreath of flowers on the fireplace.  Torc laughed his approval.

“No,” I said to him as Douglas moved towards Aine.  Both men stopped and looked at me in surprise.  “Leave her alone,” I said forcefully.

“What do you mean Maeb?” Torc asked carefully.

“Don’t do that to her...”

“Are you insulting my guests, Woman?” a harsh voice came from behind me.  I closed my eyes and waited.   I knew what would happen next and I knew there was no avoiding it.

“You barren whore, you don’t talk to a fine warrior like that.  Look at your King when he speaks to you.”

I opened my eyes and saw Torc’s face which was shock and rage mixed together. I smiled in defeat and caught his eye as I turned to my King and received the blow I was expecting.  He slapped my face as it turned to him and I spun to the floor.  Aine was over to me immediately. 

I looked up to find both Torc and Douglas now standing between the King and were I lay.

“Come Torc, you are owed an apology.  Maeb, apologise to Lord Torc.  Then you can apologise to your King.”

“Lord Torc, I apologise...” I spoke through my own rage.

“Maeb, don’t test me woman or I will take my punishment out of your fat arse,” He scoffed to the men who stood tensed around me.