🍎

aloe. bittersweet. cactus. a small boy gets a cup of warm milk out of the microwave. daisy. forget-me-not. gladiolus. two childhood friends break each other, over and over again. hydrangea. iris. judas tree. a young child locks himself in his room. locust tree. lily of the valley. milk vetch. a dead girl mourns her living brother. nightshade. osmunda. poppy. a steel lightbulb pops, and a plastic boy fixes it. queen anne's lace. rose. sunflower. two brothers find solace in a graveyard. tulip. umbrella magnolia. weeping willow. xerocrysum. yew. zinnia. a boy dreams and dreams and dreams while the world rots around him. white egret orchid. "my thoughts will follow you into your dreams."

SUNNY felt someone pull on his hand. they opened their eyes to see sparkling space, vibrant and purple. sheer pink curtains fluttered over it like clouds and filled the space around the stars.

...what.

it smelled like poppies and rain and lavender here. he heard a rock song coming through an old television. a small red hand, the size of a young child's, shook their own around by the wrist, before noticing they were awake and retreating almost bashfully. he was in his bed he had as a kid, down to the small PET ROCKS glitter stickers on the metal frame and the slight marker stains on the bed. KEL had told them that it would wash away easily, and that they could use the bed as a giant drawing space. boy, was DAD mad then.

SUNNY traced the marks on the bed with his fingers. pink and mint and purple friends, against lavender sheets dotted with stars and household objects. he began to drift off, before jerking back awake. what was he...? they weren't supposed to be here, were they? something was wrong. he didn't even really remember this room. it was circular, with a soft carpet and old wallpaper like in NEIGHBOR's room. it was filled with familiar objects from his childhood, and rainbow stairs led down to... space?

he heard light footsteps, like a cat. OMORI stood next to him. when did he... get there...? SUNNY wasn't dizzy anymore from his approach, but the boy seemed to fill the air in his presence with a dreamlike haze... it made SUNNY sleepy. he held a toy knife, with a pink plastic handle. SUNNY noticed there were five other beds beside his, like in a hospital room. they held his friends' sleeping bodies... the... headspace ones. a soft music box played.

OMORI grabbed his hand and shook it around, before red hands emerged from folds of the canopy around the room and swarmed SUNNY, picking them up off the bed, neatening his pajamas, and setting them on the soft carpeted floor. he heard a soft mew and looked up to see THE BIG YELLOW CAT watching him. it seemed to have longer fur and brighter eyes than normal.

OMORI grabbed their hand, firmer this time, and started walking... towards the stairs. SUNNY tried to loosen themselves from the boy's grip, but they were... really weak. and tired. he was barely even upright. they stumbled towards the staircase sleepily, OMORI treading ever closer to the gaping, glittering void awaiting them. they descended the staircase.

OMORI reached the last step, a plum purple, and hesitated for a second. then he blinked, and charged into the empty air, pulling SUNNY along. they fell headfirst. SUNNY spun languidly in the air, clinging to OMORI's hand as OMORI stared straight into the purple sky, the color of a vibrant sunrise. the stars seemed to be watching the two children fall to their assumed doom, whispering. SUNNY could hear them. suddenly, SUNNY felt someone grasp for their other hand.

he turned and saw STRANGER holding his hand... its eyes were red. it looked straight at SUNNY and pulled him close, embracing him. its skin was so cold. SUNNY felt dizzy. his eye hurt. they hit the ground...

🌷🌻🌹🌵💐

SUNNY felt someone pull on his hand. they opened their eyes to see sparkling space, vibrant and purple. sheer pink curtains fluttered over it like clouds and filled the space around the stars... wh...

omori was sitting next to their bed, tugging his hand lightly.