Chapter 4: Wild Ride

May finds himself back in that black void. Red eyes stare at him from all sides. This time, he sees a light shining down on Blade kneeling before him. The chants begin anew as a new figure just barely steps into the light. "Lead us!" They chant. May wakes up. For once, he felt well-rested, unlike the cold sweats he always wakes up in. Knowing Blade is around, always watching over him, protecting him, is comforting. He blinks the sleep away from his eyes, turning to Blade standing by his bedside. But as he blinks, Blade looks more and more different. More... feminine?

"Wake up, May!" A female voice yells at him. "Can't believe this is the master I'll be serving. All skin and bones. Nothing but a pretty face!"

May sits up and sees two figures in his room. In the corner is Blade, scratching his head about what to do. Right beside him, someone who looks like a female Blade. But she has a human face. A pretty one at that. She walks out into the middle of the room, unveiling her full form. The most notable part of her body are her legs. They are covered in black feathers, and her feet have several rows of vicious claws, weaving between the gaps. And then, right at the edges of her feet are two, long talons that hinge up into the feathers at her shins. They seem to be able to retract like levers, and they curve into hookbills at the end. Perfect for grabbing.

"Uh.... Blade? Who is this sassy, female version of you?"

"Me? A female Blade? Please! And why don't you address me directly. Hmph, how rude!" May looks to Blade, but he just shrugs. "I'll explain it clearly so my master will be able to understand. Consume demon flesh, and you have a chance of one of us waking up, taking on bits and pieces of the demons you ate, along with their powers. Simple, right?"

She holds her leg up, and her talons flick out. Those claws easily give her six inches or so of extra reach. "I got these killers from that wolf. As for abilities, Blade here can resurrect by your side. I can go really fast." Her body seems to glow red hot. Spurts of fire shoots out of her body like geysers. Her whole body is enveloped in smoke and flame. "I can't show it off in a room this tiny, but I can supercharge my body with a lot of power. Helps me go fast." May looks at Blade, and back at the woman. "My name is Talon! Speed and scouting is my game. I'm gonna have to depend on you to command me. Use me wisely May!" She says, with a twinge of pride in her voice.

May, taken aback by the sudden appearance of a new crow joining his flock, composes himself with a smile. "I'm happy to have you on the team."

"You really need to work on your muscles, May. You won't be less cute just because you take care of your body."

May whines, before getting out of bed and putting on his outfit. He doesn't really have plans for the day. He still has the money from the category 3, and he fetched a pretty penny for his recent job too. He feels like he earned himself the opportunity to do nothing today. As May steps outside and walks down the hall, he suddenly comes face to face with something he never expected to.

With his eyes to the ground, he doesn't see the person on a collision course with him, until it was too late. He bumps off of what feels like two clouds. He looks up, getting ready to say sorry, when the words get stuck in his throat. Before him is a sight to behold.

A woman with an imposing figure looks down on him. She has a piercing glare, accentuated by an Egyptian-like mascara. His eyes follow the breadcrumbs down. The massive collar covering her mouth, leading to an open jacket, just barely covering her well-endowed chest. Her pristine, brown skin is tempered by her strong physique. The woman reaches down for his face, throwing his hood off. She moves his face to stare back into her eyes. Her hungry eyes that seem keen to pounce on him and devour him. The eyes of a predator staring down its prey. May is stunned silent. He has no time to even feel scared at her touch.