Flashback #1-When Worlds Collide

The first flashback chapter of the story. These are going to occur every few chapters, both to add to the story and to keep you all entertained between the regular chapter releases. Think of these as like the death mini-games from FNAF...

That sounded way better in my head...
~~~~~~~~~
"Behind every favorite song, there is an untold story." -Unknown
~~~~~~~~~

Gotham had plenty of places to hide... especially when it comes to criminal activity and the many injustices of the world.

Warehouses and storage facilities o' plenty... Sewers and secret passages... Abandoned buildings and unsettling structures...

And, on top of that, plenty of people willing to commit any atrocities their minds can come up with...

Only that wasn't the case for one person in particular...

"Why does the boss want us babysitting his kid?" One goon in a horror clown mask asked his companion, his Gotham accent bleeding through.

"It ain't babysitting. She's entertaining herself. The girl wanted some time away from Joker. She chose to come with us." His buddy hissed with annoyance.

"Whatever. It's still bullcrap..."

"Just focus on making sure that the Bat doesn't get past us..."

Near a window off in the corner of the second floor, a girl, no older than fourteen or fifteen, sat with a backpack full of books, snacks, money, and clothes. Her ears were plugged with earbuds, music blaring from it. In her lap, a leather-bound journal rested with her pencil, scratching and staining the paper with words, letters, and doodles. She wove a hand through her brown, black, and white hair, pushing it out of her face. Her black, white, and denim attire made her nearly a shadow against the walls.

What felt like hours slipped by, seemingly without much incident. No suspicious activity or strange occurrences...

No Batman or Robin...

It was quiet... too quiet...

That's when the first guy was found incapacitated behind a pile of crates. Everyone within the warehouse went into a frenzy of fear and uncertainty. Meanwhile, the girl was completely oblivious, safe in her own little world.

"Crap, one of those freaks is here!"

"Where is he?"

"What are we gonna do?!"

Two more men were caught, dangling by their ankles from perches. From the shadows, a pair of white pinpoints scanned the room, looking for the next goon who needed a beat down. They briefly glanced over at the girl, sitting near the second floor window. Leaving them to wonder who she was and why she was here...

Two more guys were found incapacitated on the floor of the warehouse. They have their breathing restricted until they fell into unconsciousness. Waking them up was fruitless... they were out cold... for now.

This left the two men on the second floor with the girl at the window...

"Oh god, man! What are we gonna do?! We're dead meat!" The more portly goon stammered, his gun trembling in his grip.

"Relax. I've gotta plan..." The more scrawny one assured cooly.

"Oh yeah? And what's this plan of yours?"

"We use the girl... we hold a knife to her throat, and we force the bat and bird to surrender!"

"Dude, that's freakin' suicide! Joker will have our heads if he finds out we threatened or killed his daughter!"