Part 17

"Mum,what the hell are you playing at?" Dec fumed,as he called his mother from the hotel they were now booked into "why did you cancel the house?"

"Because Declan" Anne said firmly "you don't need that kind of luxury when you're working,all you need is a hotel room and a recording studio"

"It's none of your business" Dec shouted "it's up to me where I stay,I'm paying for it"

"You need to keep your feet firmly on the ground" Anne said calmly "letting success go to your head would be the worst thing for you"

"Oh my God" Dec shook his head despairingly "Mum,I've just been on tour for over two years and worked my arse off,you don't think I deserve a little luxury?"

"Well,I'm sure the hotel is very nice" Anne smiled.

"I'm not even here to do any recording anyway" Dec grumbled "I'm here to finish writing my album,somewhere quiet and relaxing,now I'm stuck in a hotel on a busy main road and that house had a piano,you know I need a piano to write"

"I'm sure you can hire somewhere with a piano" Anne replied.

"Yeah,like that house" Dec snapped "this is so stupid,can you please butt out of my life?"

"So you want me to butt out of making all your stage costumes too do you?" Anne asked.

Ant now knew things were getting even more heated when Dec started shouting in French,pacing up and down the room and slamming his hand down on the table several times,until eventually he hung up the phone angrily.

"Can't fucking believe her" he fumed.

"Come on" Ant replied kindly "don't let it get to you,you're tired and upset,try and get some rest and tomorrow we can find somewhere else to stay"

"OK" Dec sighed and practically fell into Ant's arms,exhaustion now catching up on him.

So the next day,the boys found a much smaller house to rent for at least the next month.

Dec was actually very happy with it,so his anger towards his mother soon began to diminish.

It was warm and inviting and had the required piano in the dining room.

Ant loved listening to Dec tinkle on the piano keys and singing lyrics to new songs he was thinking up,although Ant always stayed in another room so as not to distract Dec from his work.

"FINISHED" Dec announced excitedly a few weeks later,appearing at the door of the living room where Ant was sat "the album is finished...well,the songwriting part of it is"

"Oh,that's brilliant baby" Ant beamed,rising up from the sofa and scooping Dec off of his feet "congratulations"

"Thanks" Dec beamed.

"This calls for a celebration" Ant announced "want to open that bottle of champagne in the fridge?"

"Absolutely" Dec grinned.

"To the most talented,amazing,singer and songwriter" Ant started his toast while raising his glass in the air "whose hard work,dedication and commitment will no doubt mean he will have another hit record and who is also pretty damn sexy and great in bed"

"Cheers to that" Dec laughed "I can't believe I've finally completed it,I hope the fans like it"

"Of course they will" Ant smiled "from what I've heard,it sounds amazing"

"Next stop the recording studio" Dec announced.

"Which one?" Ant asked curiously.

"Well" Dec continued "I've heard of one right here in Los Angeles that I like the sound of,I might look into that"