𝟎𝟎

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓
𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐫, 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚

𝟒 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐎..

$$$$

Ny'ani was awoken from her slumber with a slight headache. She sat up in her bed and rubbed her eyes looking over at her alarm clock seeing that it was 1:20am.

Ny'ani hopped off her bed and walked out of her room hearing her mom and dad yelling at each-other. Ny'ani was confused, her parents never argued.

As she creeped downstairs she seen a little boy with a black hoodie on. The hoodie had bleach spots all over them. He had old patchy jeans on with some dirty converse.

"You don't know him from a can of paint and you expect him to stay with us? Knowing we have a daughter around his age." Ny'anis mom argued.

"Then look at that long ugly scar on his face! who knows how he got it." She added.

"He's staying with us for the time being and I don't want to hear nothin more bout it!" Her dad said sternly.

"Now, you'll be staying with us until my brother comes and picks you up tomorrow. He takes in troubled kids off the street in hopes to give them a better life." Her dad pointed at the boy.

Ny'ani turned around and tip toed back up the stairs. She slowly closed her door, taking a deep breath once she heard the click indicating that she closed it all the way.

Ny'ani didn't like how her mom was talking about the boy, her parents thought they were being quiet but the little boy heard everything; including the nasty remark about his cut.

Ny'ani couldn't see the cut due to his hoodie but she could see the dried up blood on his clothes.

She waited for what felt like hours until she heard her parents cut off the lights and go into their room across the hall from her.

She slowly opened her door, clinching her eyes shut when she heard the door creaking.

She silently made her way down stair and cut her flash light on. Ny'ani just barley saw the boy, balled up in the corner of the living room with a blanket folded on the side of him.

Ny'ani sat on the couch and looked at the boy as his head was hung low.

"Hi." She whispered to him. The boy lifted his head up and made eye contact with the girl. It was then that she saw the huge scar on his face. It couldn't have been there more than two days due to it looking like it was just bleeding.

Instead of responding the boy just got up and grabbed the blanket with him. Ny'ani was a bit scared, she didn't know the boy and she didn't want him to hurt her.

He put back on his shoes and made his way towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Ny'ani asked a bit confused.

"Ian finna stay no where i'm not wanted." The boy spoke lowly. He didn't know what she was trying to do by talking to him but he did know that he didn't want to be accused of doing something to the couples daughter.