2

Ny'ani Day
𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐫, 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

$$$$$$

"What cheeks you getting nigga?" Ja'kye, one of Maharis older brothers, asked Sanjay.

"Heen getting shit, his shy ass. That's bad for bidness." Malachi, another one of his older brothers added in.

Sanjay sat quiet on his phone as he usually did when his brothers were making fun of him.

He mistakenly laughed at a joke Malachi said about Ja'kye and now they focused their attention on him.

The boys weren't blood related nor were they adopted by Ny'ani's uncle, but to them they were and this was the closest thing they had to a family.

"Chill on him man." Ny'ani's uncle, Bosco, said.

"Man shut yo fat head ass up!" Mahari laughed at him and all the boys joined in on talking about uncle Bosco, even Sanjay.

"Nigga how you gone talk about me with them and i was tryna defend you!" He mugged sanjay.

"Should've minded yo damn business, that's yo problem now, you always in other people business."

The boys continued to bicker back and forth as Ny'ani sat quiet on one of the kitchen barstools watching everything take place.

She soon got up and went into mahari's room. She slept there last night while he slept in Sanjay room. Ny'ani had to go home in a few and she didn't want to. She was the only child so she got lonely sometimes.

"Wassa leebro." Mahari came following after her in the room.

Mahari sat down on the bed before moving his sheets around to find his remote.

"Youn hear me talkin to you?"

"Don't."

Mahari nodded and continued looking for his remote. Ny'ani didn't have an attitude but she loved making mahari mad.

He gave up on looking for the remote, it always seemed to leave the place he last puts it. He reached in his pocket and pulled out his phone as it rang.

"hm?"

Ny'ani slightly tilted her head in his direction so she could eavesdrop on his conversation.

"imma be over there inna li while, my brother out with the car."

"Igh."

Mahari threw his phone on the bed and looked over at Ny.

"When was you going home? yo pops was texting me like ah hour or two ago tellin me to tell you to answer yo phn."

"I'm not sure, my momma called me last night saying i have to come home by 8 or she locking me out and not answering the door."

"mm." Mahari grabbed her arm and pulled her on top of his lap as she continued talking.

"But i might do go home tonight, im always over here."