The Room Where it happens

{Reader's} P.O.V

My Mama used to tell me stories about another world. She called it Wonderland, but she never talked about anyone she knew. Mama started the stories with:

"It all began when I walked through the mirror."

[TIMESKIP]

Now I'm going to stay with my grandparents for the rest of my high school life because my mom is going abroad for her company. I'm a little sad about my old school but there wasn't much to miss.

"Mochi, whatcha thinking about?"

I looked up and saw my mom, holding a box of her stuff.

"Nothing."

She shot me a look, "Nothing?"

I nodded.

She hummed and set the box down in my room as she took a seat next to me on my bed.

"Alright, spill. I know something is on your mind."

"You're leaving at midnight, and you're going to be gone for 4 years. I guess I'm still processing it."

I heard my bed creak and I felt my mom hugging me.

"{Reader}, listen to me. Just because I'm not going be here physically doesn't mean I won't be in here," She said as she gestured to my heart, "I am never truly gone. These years are the most important, so have fun."

I looked up at my mom, she gave me her signature smile. I hugged my mom back tight, sniffling.

"Thanks, mom."

"Anytime, I also want to give you something," My mom said before she reached into a drawer and pulled out a small box. Handing it to me.

"What is it?"

"Well if you'd open it, you'll know."

I rolled my eyes as I opened the box. Inside I saw a beautiful necklace.

(This but it's purple)