Fourteen

Y/n's pov

I just got done doing laps around the courtyard. Kelly was watching me the whole time and cheering me on. She's really not so bad. She even gave me a sincere apology, and she's trying to be better.

Melanie just needs time to forgive her.

"How do you look so good while exercising?" Kelly asked. "It's a natural talent", i shrug with a smile.

She handed me a water bottle, "Thanks."

"No problem. So, the party is next week. Are you excited?"

"Definitely, i can't wait to see Melanie in whatever dress she picked." I smile just thinking about it. "Well i can't wait to see what you wear." Kelly smirks.

"Probably just something plain and easy to run in." I shrug. We go back inside and see Melanie, Angelita and Chelsey sitting at a table. I also see a chocolate boy sitting with them.

"Hey guys", i say in a questioning tone.

They all don't even look at me.

"What's up with you guys?"

"What's up with you? Hanging with the enemy?" Chelsey speaks up. "Calm down", i hold my finger up. She scoffs and walks away.

"What's her issue?"

"The issue is you" Melanie spoke.

"Me?"

"Yes. You should know better than to make friends with someone who makes your girlfriend and friends life a living hell", She crossed her arms.

"Why is everything always my fault?!"

"Because you're just a fuck up!" Melanie yelled in my face. I stood there in shock. Kelly's jaw was dropped too. "I-I'm sorry Y/n, i didn't mean it."

"We wouldn't want you to be dating a fuck up now would we?" I say, trying not to cry.

"Please Y/n, i take it back" Melanie grabbed my arm but i yank it away.

"Looks like i don't have a date for the party after all", I look over at Kelly. "Are you asking me to be your date?" She smirked.

"No she's not. Y/n please i didn't mean what i said. We can talk about this. Please i love you." Melanie's eyes got teary.

"Kelly, would you go to the school dance with me?"

"I would love to", she held her hand over her heart.