1.8 Chapter 8: You're Worried About Me Ya

You're worried about me ya

"Human flesh?" Song Xici repeated with a frown. He remembered how Chen Mo had become a zombie yesterday. He suddenly felt a sense of premonition. He looked at the solemn Bai Kaiwen and said: "Political Commissar Bai, will the side effect of that medicine make people become zombies?"

The atmosphere became stagnant.

After a long time, Bai Kaiwen seemed to agedy by ten years. He leaned on the back of his chair exhaustedly and said in a low voice: "I think, it should be."

"I have been investigating this matter recently, and found a team of ability users. Some of them are members of the military. They were not ability users before, but now they suddenly have powers. This team is called the Flying Knife Team. I hope you can contact this team, and in return, I will help you pay attention to the people in the laboratory." Bai Kaiwen said sincerely.

(飞刀 - Feidao Team)

When Song Xici heard his words, he did not reply directly. Instead, he asked, "Political Commissar Bai, what laboratory? I don't quite understand what you mean."

Bai Kaiwen hurriedly explained: "Xiao Song, I'm not investigating you, but I just happened to pay attention to the plant-type ability user named Chen Mo."

Song Xici nodded, he didn't looked deeply on whether or not it's true, and said coldly: "In that case, happy cooperation."

After seeing off Bai Kaiwen and his party, Song Xi went to the living room to inform the team members that they will go out to do a task tomorrow. After noting the time and place, Li Ye immediately began to prepare, even busier than Song Xici.

Because Song Xici is now cooking in the kitchen, Ji Qing is sitting well-behavedly on the sofa and listening to Mo Lan's instructions. Mo Lan is as worried as an old mother. Every time she says a note to Ji Qing, she would hold Ji Qing's little hand distressedly and inquires with concern: "Can you do that, hide behind Song Xici in case of danger. If Song Xici is not there, find me, you know?"

Ji Qing nodded like a chick pecking the rice, and said with a sweet smile: "En, en. I know, Lan-jie."

Cao Wushang looked at Mo Lan and Ji Qing with complex expressions. Ji Qing noticed Cao Wuyao's eyes and looked up at him with a very bright smile, two dimples flashed sweetly.

However, Cao Wushang flee as if he saw severe floods and fierce beasts. So Ji Qing bowed his head in grievance and huddled himself on the sofa in a pitiful way. Mo Lan, upon seeing this, slapped the table and glared at Cao Wushang and said: "Da Cao, you're too much ah! Ji Qing is so cute, why do you always bully him!"

(extremely dangerous or threatening things)

Ji Qing winked at Cao Wushang while Mo Lan was not paying attention.

Cao Wushang was shocked, and his resolute face showed a complex expression that could not be said. After he and Ji Qing looked at each other, he turned and pretended to die in silence.

After playing around, Ji Qing went back to his room to take a nap after eating the meal made by Song Xici. Song Xici followed closely.

Ji Qing went to bed and covered himself with the quilt, revealing only a small head. His long eyelashes fluttered twice, and his watery almond eyes looked at Song Xici and said, "Why, do you want to sleep with me?"

Song Xici helped him fix the quilt, "No."

"I want to talk to you."

His eyelids drooped slightly, covering the feelings at the bottom of his eyes, and his slow voice appeared low and gentle in the quiet space, "Why do you want to go out with us to do tasks?"

"It's boring ya." Ji Qing puffed up his cheeks and said: "You don't want to throw me away here alone, right!"

Song Xici raised his eyes and looked at Ji Qing quietly. His hands were on his knees, his back was straight, and his handsome face was full of restraint. Just when Ji Qing thought that Song Xici would not say anything, he heard his deep voice, "I'm just afraid...... if your identity is exposed, it will be bad to be known by some intentional people."

Ji Qing stretched his small paw out of the quilt, patted Song Xici on the knee, and then quickly withdraw. "Are you worried about me ya?" He showed a heartless smile, and his curved eyes were full of bright smile. "If I was exposed, you should worry about others."

(simple-minded / thoughtless / heartless)

Ji Qing leaned on one side and get up. With one hand holding up his chin and the other hand pointing anxiously at the rivers and mountains. He raised his small head and said with a high and glowing spirit: "After all, I'm so powerful. Beating hundreds is nothing at all!"

Song Xici clenched his fist to hide corner of his lips, nodded his head slightly, and replied, "En, you are the most powerful."

Ji Qing hmph-ed proudly, snorted again to drilled back into the quilt, revealing only good-looking apricot eyes, "I'm going to sleep la, you may kneel and retire."

Song Xici got up and left quietly.

Ji Qing rolled around in the quilt and rolled his little curls in a mess. He snort and sigh as he said to the system: "Tomorrow is the time for you to show your usefulness. If you do well, I will give you a large amount of points as a reward!"

Ji Qing had previously reached an agreement with the system to let it report the location of the zombie and make the little bench, Ji Qing as a psychic ability user, more stable.

The system patted itself on the chest, "Yes! Please be rest assured Da Lao, I will work hard!"

The next day, Ji Qing was dug out of the quilt by Song Xici. Ji Qing was still drowsy when he sat in the car, his long and curly eyelashes kept fanning down, his little head pillowed Song Xici's shoulder, and his saliva almost flowed out.

Moran sneakily took a few photos from different angles. After seeing the photos, she excitedly zoom it and admired Ji Qing's prosperous beauty. She stared at Song Xici with jealousy and envy, wishing that she was the one Ji Qing was leaning on.

Ji Qing was awakened by the car halfway through his sleep. He tried to open his eyes and looked at the window in a confused way. The weak voice of the system sounded in his brain: "Da Lao, there are three mid-level zombies in the pedestrian street ahead."

Ji Qing sat blankly for a while, and made a foolish oh. The whole team turned to look at him. Ji Qing finally woke up and carefully repeated what the system said.

At first, the team members didn't believe Ji Qing very much. First of all, there were few psychic ability user whose power was to detect the position of the corpse. Second, Ji Qing seems to be like a lucky cat, it's enough to just be on one side waving his paws.

(Maneki-neko)

Then they really saw three mid level zombies.

Afterwards, Ji Qing repeated the system's words again and again, and his words were confirmed again and again. The team members looked at Ji Qing with awe in their eyes, and Li Ye muttered to himself: "This—This is why Ji Qing was able to wait for the Captain's rescue, right. This power is really practical! So powerful ah!"

"System, everyone praises you ne." Ji Qing said lazily.

"It's my honor to serve the people!" the system immediately smiled dog-leggedly.

The author has something to say:

Small theater:

Little villain Ji Qing, like a cat, quietly bullied little friend Cao Wushang, then acted pitiful in a flash.

Teacher Mo looked back and saw two aggrieved faces:

One was like a pear blossom on the rain, one with howling wind and torrential rain.

Teacher Mo: Whatever, I'm sure little friend Ji Qing must be the one who was bullied!

Cao Wushang: ...... wawawa