17 | rhythm

1 7

rhythm

noun. a strong, regular, repeated pattern of movement or sound.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

NO-ONE KISSES ME LIKE Callum kisses me

Somehow he's made me both slip out of my mind—my consciousness hovering somewhere in his bedroom, watching us make out against the door—and retreat even deeper into it, letting all the sensations of him wash over me and drag me under like a riptide.

He has one hand cupping my jaw, half the fingers splayed across the side of my neck, and the other curled around my waist. There's no space for breathing without the other feeling the inhale, the exhale, the catches of air and silent gasps.

I unfurl for him, my lips parting, tongue softening, seeking. He surges even closer with a low moan, pushing me hard against the door. I can feel every plane, every bone and muscle of his body, every hard ridge and soft fold of mine lying flush together.

The hand at my jaw snakes into my hair, and I wrap my arms around his neck to draw him in closer. His tongue sweeps across my lower lip, and then over the contours of my mouth. When he sucks on me a rush of arousal slides down my chest, my navel, and pools between my legs.

We both pull apart at the same time.

Callum wrenches himself two steps back, knuckles pressed to his mouth. The look on his face is akin to panic mixed with lust.

He lowers his hand from his face, balling up the fabric of his pants in his fist. "Why are we doing this? Are we doing this?" His words are jagged, hoarse.

"I don't know." I'm breathing unevenly through my mouth. My mind couldn't pull away from him if my life depended on it.

"Is this going to fuck everything up?"

Probably. Yes. Totally.

There are several pressing reasons we should not continue, and write this off as a drunken hookup like the last time.

One, I went on a whole tirade against bandcest not one month ago. We are section leaders together. We've only just recently managed to settle into some type of productive equilibrium with each other, our different personalities and leadership styles complementing rather than contaminating the drumline. Hooking up is going to shatter this fragile peace.

Two, I never hookup with people in my immediate social networks. There is no such thing as no-strings-attached in a college town where everybody has mutual friends, which is why I usually pick my bedmates from strangers. Callum is the complete opposite of a stranger. He's one of the Halston student body I've known longest.