Part 5

⚠️Warnings⚠️None

⚠️Warnings⚠️
None

You stood there with your hands in your hoodie pockets, eyes staring down at your cut-off Palm Treo

It's been off for a few days now, collecting dust on your windowsill. You were contemplating if you should bring it to the campfire that night. But then you thought about how everyone you currently associate yourself with is going to be at the council meeting.

It almost made you... chuckle at how lonely you felt. And it didn't make sense why you felt that way. So isolated.

You had them.

Eyes moving from your phone, into the forest that was straight out the window, there stood Leah, brows pushed together as she watched you watch her. It was currently 5 pm. Time for a haircut.

The older woman tilted her head, urging you to hurry up, and so you do. You decided against the phone, no need for it as you would be accompanied.

If anyone needed you, they knew you'd be with Leah, they can call her.

But you did on the other hand grab your wallet and keys as you walked to the front door. "Hey, are you gonna be back before the council meeting?" Your dad called out, glasses on the bridge of his nose and a newspaper in his hold.  You stuffed your hands In your pocket, fidgeting with the lint.

You weren't going to get used to this wolf stuff anytime soon. "Yeah."

As you were about to leave, your father released a sigh. "You know... you should probably speak to Embry tonight. Just so you can...understand each other. To clear the air, y'know?" Biting on the skin on your lip, you placed your hand on the knob.

Why am I hesitating to leave? Truth be told you weren't sure if you wanted to see him or not. There wasn't anything to say...or at least you didn't know what to say.

As always, you were forced into some shit you knew nothing about.

"Yeah..." this time you sounded uncertain as you walked out of the cabin and down the ramp. Leah was already in the truck, leaning back with her eyes closed. She assisted she came. Something along the lines of "if we see a Cullen I'll hide you in an ice box." Or something like that.