Part 6

⚠️ Cursing, detailed descriptions of Bella's body, dead beat mother mentioned ⚠️

Today in a long time was beautiful. Forks was showing its true beauty as the sun shined through the trees and glistened against the water. For the first time in a while, it wasn't humid or cold, but breezy and warm, maybe if you were lucky you'd have time to go to the beach and get a tan today. I don't know, maybe even find a lover...wait.

You cringe at the thought, your hand coming to a pause from the math problem. Ugh. The thought makes your stomach acid bubble up with disgust. Then your mind flashes to Embry and hid derpy smile, you stomach suddenly reacting with nervousness. The two of you were meant to hang out later, no members of the pack, no phones, just you and him with the warm water from the beach. If only life was that simple.

It's been two weeks since Bella and Edward went away on their honeymoon and a week since you've had that conversation with Embry. A month since you've been in Forks. Summer break was over. During that time you realize you truly couldn't bring yourself to leave Forks again, you wanted to, to leave to feel the Atlantic air once again, but that deep void of emptiness was terrifying.

To be alone in your dorm, fighting internally with your instincts, fighting yourself for the break up that had you feeling empty every time you were alone at night, sob-less tears trickling down your face as you dreamt. You didn't need that, you needed your family, you even risked having to share a shower with them again if that meant having someone faithful in your presence.

That's why you transferred to Peninsula College. Local, close to your new support system. Also, close to your ex-boyfriend's family while he frolics in the wind of whatever he's at. Ugh.

Someone faithful, huh? That voice spoke in your head just in time as your brother comes out of his room with his motorcycle keys in hand. You watched him as he puts on his worn boots in a semi hurry, quiet, yet you could tell he was loud internally. Where does he go? Jacob didn't go to school anymore, studying for his GED when he had the chance, and he only worked Fridays to Sundays. And his stone expression says he wasn't visiting any friends.