A pile of letters on my nightstand.

We start this story in Inazuma, with a certain blond retainer. This evening was quieter than most. Ayaka had her hands full helping her dear friend Yoimiya. And Ayato, well he had his plate filled to the brim with work. So Thoma was left alone as of now. He was writing quietly at the kitchen table. His emerald hues set on the notebook. His pen glided easily over every word he wrote with such meaning. Of course, he hadn't been writing to just anyone, but to Diluc. All the way across what seemed the whole of Teyvat.

The blonde let out soft sighs of longing at the remembrance of  Mondstadt. It'd been almost four years since his last visit. He had been piled with work and errands to even remember to write back to Diluc's last letter.  But of course now that he had a chance. He made sure to write this note diligently and with much thought.

'Dear Diluc,
  I apologize in advance for my late letter. I've been reading them a lot recently. I was tempted to book a room, and get a boat ticket back to Mondstadt a few nights ago. However, I awoke to my Lord being ill.
  I wish I could talk to you in person now that I'm writing this. It's easier to say than to write. Maybe in the winter I can get a boat and a week off?'

That is all he'd written out before he heard the door creek open. A tired Ayato stumbled through the door as Thoma blinked.
"M'Lord it's rather early for you to be home. Did something go wrong?"
The blond asked in worry, standing to his feet as he seemingly rushed over. He pressed a hand to the males forehead to feel for any sign of fever.
Ayato shook his head and let out a chuckle.
"No, I'm alright Thoma. Just a bit tired. My meeting ended early so I'm going to go ahead and shower. Would you draw the water?"
Ayato asked as he slipped his jacket off, simply handing it off to Thoma.

Thoma nodded as he took his coat and carefully settled it over his arm.
"Right, of course. I've got tea on the stove if you're interested."
Thoma voiced before walking off to his lord's room. He carefully hung up the man's coat. Then wandered into the bathroom and drew the bath.
Ayato let out a sigh of delight as he went to his room and grabbed himself a bath robe. He closed his bedroom door and undressed himself. Pulling the robe on and tying it snuggly to his waist. He exited his room and gazed down at Thoma.

The blond stood when the water was a nice warm temperature.
"It's ready. I'll begin dinner shortly."
He stated as he closed the door and left the bathroom quietly.

Thoma did exactly as he said he would, he cleaned up his letters. Setting them on his nightstand before he returned to the kitchen. His emerald hues gazed upon the fridge as he bent down, grabbing what he needed for Onigori,
after all. It was quick and easy.

A few moments passed as the retainer seemed distracted while he molded the already heated rice in his hand. Which he'd washed before hand. His green orbs looked off as he settled the triangular item aside then glanced down. He's already used up all the rice and meat for the Onigori.-

Thoma looked around as he grabbed three plates and settled them down. His green
hues watching as he plated the items.
He set them on the table, then waited for Ayato to return from the shower as he spaced out. His emerald hues seem lost in thought, with a hint of sadness in them. He was so hopelessly homesick for a place that he seemingly barely knew at this point.

Ayato returned and settled down, noticing the look in his eyes as he gave a small frown.
"Thoma? Aren't you going to eat? Wasting isn't very nice."
Ayato said as he ate his food rather happily.
Thoma blinked and glanced down to the male. Oh, yet another day dream? This was getting out of control by now..but the thought of seeing Diluc even smile a slight tad made Thoma give a small happy sigh.
"My lord...could I take a vacation soon?"
The blond said as he looked to his food.
Ayato seemed to freeze as he lowered the food from his mouth and back to his plate.
"Wh-what..."
He muttered out with widened blue hues.