Drowning The Lovers

It was late, around twelve now. Ayato had managed to bring the notes to his room and hide them in his own nightstand. His blue gaze settled on the forest outside his window. He let out a deep sigh before he quietly walked to the kitchen.
"Thoma, is dinner ready yet?"
He asked turning the corner.

"Of course M'lord. It's about done, just be patient. I'll inform you when it's ready."
Thoma said as he looked to the man and felt a tiny frown creep onto his features.
"You look tired M'lord- why don't you lay down?"
Thoma said as he turned the stove down before walking over to the man and gently feeling Ayato's forehead.
Ayato simply leaned into the blond's hand and sighed out tiredly.
"Nonsense...I'm fine Thoma, though I will gladly kiss your hand if that's all you wanted."
Ayato whispered, gently taking the blond's hand in his own as he pulled him in by his waist and smiled at the man. Thoma responded to this with a small gasp and just cocked a brow to the man.
"M'lord- please..you're being odd."
He said as he looked off slightly.

Ayato stared and let go of the man.
"Of course, my apologies. Go finish dinner I'll go catch up on my work."
He said before walking to his room.
Thoma watched but simply let the man go to his room to do so. He quietly turned and walked back to the stove, he turned it up again and just sighed out tiredly.

Ayato grabbed the notes and glared at them before he snatched the papers and wadded them up, he walked outside to his sanded courtyard before letting out a low grimace to the words.
"Love, hah! What a liar. This Diluc of Mondstadt wouldn't even know what love was if it looked him dead in the face!"
He said with a scoff, then ripped the page with a quick movement.
"You won't be seeing Thoma if it's the last thing I ever do."
He hissed, ripping the next note. He then then tossed them over the nicely painted fence, which lead down to Inazuma's oceans after a long cobblestone wall. He watched as the papers fluttered in the ragged wind then let out a satisfied huff as they made their way into the deep unknown of the Inazuma ocean.

Ayato whipped his body around and  began to walk back inside with a proud and dignified look on his face before he paused at the sight of Thoma. Who had witnessed the whole thing.
"Thoma! Thoma it's not what it looks like!"
He said as he glanced back to the fence.
Though it was to late for that as Thoma has slipped a hand to cover his mouth. Subsiding his cries as tears slipped down his naturally rosy cheeks,
"You...Your a horrible person. How could you?"
He said before turned and rushing off to his room.
Ayato stood in silence as he watched him go. He felt his feet lift off the ground then follow after the blond.
"Thoma! Please!..."
He called down the hall. Though had discovered Thoma already made it to his room. He just stood in the now empty hall and glanced to the courtyard before shutting the door and letting out a small sound.
"I'm sorry Thoma, but I simply can't let you go so easily."
He whispered beneath a shaky breath as he locked the door and looked to the floor.