Chapter 8 - Heat And Beat Pt. 1

To the advisor of the Federal Investigation Club,

Hello. My name is Okusora Ayane, and I'm a student at Abydos High School. I'm writing this letter because I want to ask for your help.

Our academy is being harassed. One of the local fans has been tormenting us. 

It's a long story, but we think this gang is after the school building itself.

The students are doing their best to stop them. It's only a matter of time before we run out of ammunition and supplies, though.

At this rate, the school will fall to them for sure. That's why I'm writing to ask for your help.

Can you please help us, Ghost Sensei?

~***~

"Man, for a world set in a Japanese atmosphere, there's a freaking desert." 

Duke Nukem's words were further found true as the highway slowly gathered sand. "But hey, at least the A.C's working," he further added.

By Ghost's advice, he drove a business car of Schale, a pickup truck, as Googol Maps reckoned a 50-kilometer trip to Abydos.

Daunting, at first, until the traffic slowly declined to a more expedited and tolerable journey. 

After all, who would go to a desert in the afternoon? Unless they desired unflinching burning.

As he drove, the radio news of a trending ramen shop in Abydos was overwhelmed by sudden heavy metal guitar.

His smartphone suddenly picked up an incoming group video call with none other than Ghost and his pals from afar. 

"How are you lads doing?" he began, showing the immensity of his paperwork.

"Hah, I'm taking train to Red Winter Academy!" The first to reply was the Russian marine. "They say train is fast as bullet. So the earlier, the better!"

Phallius added his insights second. "The Millenium Science School is an easy ambulation, for it stands close to Schale headquarters. Transportation is redundant." 

Doomguy was concerned about that. "You sure? You'll get crowded again,"

"Fret not, brother-comrade," replied the Astartes. "I advised Googol Maps to redirect my path to a more... secluded route." 

Duke Nukem checked his navigation as well, seeing the remaining meters left before the city entrance.

The call then tackled the main gist of this occasion. The first bad news, as Ghost titled. All three suddenly gazed with a grimace.

"I'm afraid I didn't think about this when I invited all of you, but... you have to get your own stay-ins. Schale's dormitories are full, for obvious reasons," the masked Sensei stated.

"Oof, so much for the Mr. clairvoyance title you've been bragging since the carnival," commented Duke, followed by a chuckle of disdain.

Ghost sighed. "Then let's say that there are few gaps in my talent. For now, you three have to secure a stay-in for the upcoming nights. Luckily, Kivotos has lots of hotels and dormitories."

Doomguy worded such task as easy. Phallius had doubts as his presence alone could be a handicap, but he swore to triumph.

Meanwhile, a shrug from Duke Nukem. Considering their status as new adults, he questioned how the system would react to them.

Would they acknowledge the authority of Schale and allow them to stay in a jiffy? 

Would they, for the first time, see the American as a potential pervert as if he was not already?