Chapter 14 - Heat And Beat Pt. 2

As time and gas went on, the destination eventually revealed itself

Unlike other premises around, it stood triumphed over the starving sands with well-maintained properties.

That meant active inhabitants. Students. This was indeed the Abydos High School that Ghost mentioned.

Parking the pickup truck by the gates, Duke Nukem followed the student to a meeting room.

"I'm back," his companion said to her classmates.

"Welcome back, Shiro...ko? E-Eh?! Who's that behind you?!" The first student trembled.

She adorned a light-red halo hovering over her black hair. Cat-like ears were also noticed, just like from someone- now named Shiroko.

"Whoa! She kidnapped someone! ☆" shouted the second in delight.

Her appearance came in contrast with a halo and long hair shining yellowish-green.

"That or he's a spy working for the Helmet Gang! What are you doing, Shiroko?!" cried the third, having short dark hair and glasses.

Seemingly a genuine human like the second, until the pointy elvish ears suggested otherwise. 

"Quick, we have to help her tie the hostage!" yelled the first student. "Go grab a rope and tape from the storage! --No, maybe chains would do!"

The only man in the room raised an eyebrow. Was the aggressiveness an effect of being an adult?

"Settle down--" barked Shiroko. Her slightly loud voice silenced the room. "He's not from the Helmet Gang. He just came to visit the school."

"A visitor? Are you sure you didn't kidnap him?" the cat-eared student asked, seeing the American casually wave.

While the gap is evident, Duke Nukem took the moment to introduce himself as a new advisor from Schale.

Their urgency was finally taken into notice. And thus, the self-proclaimed king himself was sent to assist.