Get the Ball Rolling

"Yes I know it's short-notice," Leo rasped, showing his palms to the room.

"Short notice?" April shrieked. "Being invited to a wedding two days away is short notice. Planning a wedding two days away is crazy!"

Usagi sat quietly, staring at his hands which were folded on the table. After realizing what they had done, they called an emergency meeting of the family. They had originally planned to get a wedding planner from the hidden city to set up the wedding, but no respectable wedding planner would accept a job with this rapidly approaching deadline. So, as a last ditch effort they called everyone together to put together the makings of a plan.

"Technically, its three days away; it's not even noon yet!"" Leo, ever the optimist, said. April was unamused by the distinction. Sunita was able to voice her despair first before April.

"Leo, putting together a wedding in three days is...impossible!" She struggled to find sufficient words to describe the atrocious decision the grooms had made.

"What? Impossible?" Leo mimed sarcastically. "Come on, guys, we've done way crazier things in three days. Anyone remember the Shredder?"

"Ugh, don't remind me." Mikey moaned. He and Donnie were skeptical, while Raphael was more on Leo's side.

"Leo's right, we've handled way bigger things than a simple wedding." He encouraged, giving Mikey a pat on the back. "Yeah, it's like all the craziness in our lives has been preparing us for this!"

Raph got swept up by his own inspiration. "Compared to a Kraang invasion this will be a cake walk. I mean, we've got all the expertise we need!"

Leo joined in, bustling over to his brothers. He grabbed Mikey by the shoulders, shaking him. "Raph's right! Here's our high class chief, capable of making the most dazzling cake to ever touch our taste buds,"

"I have been dabbling in baking, how do you feel about a truffle sachertorte lava cake?" Mikey was convinced already, happy to participate.

"Sounds delicious, brother!" Leo said, not having a clue what any of that meant. After a swift hug, Leo moved on to recruit his final brother.

"Donnie with his top-notch formulas and algorithms can find the best playlist to make it the best party of the year. He'll trick us out with some mind-blowing tech, courtesy of his extraordinary brain!" Leo did his best to sweet-talk his twin into joining their wedding planning, his lauding accompanied by playful prods on Donnie's head and back.

Donnie batted his poking hands away with a frown, but was already persuaded.

"Without my palatial mind, your wedding would be a catastrophe. I'll be sure to show off my sagacious music taste, but what party would be complete without the light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation, or better known as lasers!" He rose in rhythm with his words. He posed dramatically, his mechanical shell bursting open to spit out colorful and blinding lasers, a new feature he had been trying to show off for days but never found the right moment to be appreciated.

With his brothers fully convinced, Leo moved onto the rest of the family. Mona Lisa and Sunita were in once Leo offered to let them help with the outfits and his dress. Their dream of dressing up everyone they knew finally came to fruition. The humans weren't so easy to plan with. After all, they had jobs or school to get to.

"You know, there could be a city-wide power outage that makes going anywhere obsolete." Donnie said. It was impossible to tell if it was a threat to plunge the city into black-out if they refused or a proposal to give them an 'out' from going anywhere. April didn't bother to decipher the difference.