|02| Heart Murmurs

Albedo responded with absolute silence.

Kaeya even had the impression that this distinct quietness rang in his ears and spread over the nearby streets swallowed by darkness. If that wasn't enough, the whole world seemed to have stopped functioning and existing at that particular moment, greatly accentuating its awkwardness.

He felt his cheeks start to burn as he flushed red, so he quickly stared at his shoes, silently praying that the lack of daylight would prevent Albedo from seeing him like this.

What the hell was Kaeya thinking anyways? Did he really hope Albedo would throw himself into his arms? Of course, he wouldn't be complaining under any circumstances; the thought was just devilishly stupid and unrealistic.

He was well aware that Albedo was beyond his reach. A completely different league; too perfect to be interested in him.
What could he possibly offer him anyways? He was eminently broke, and his job was nothing to brag about, either. He hasn't started going to college, and he would have drunk himself into unconsciousness on all his free evenings if he had the means to do so. 

Although his life is quite miserable, and he could only dream of a personality and heart of gold, he would treat him like a prince. But of course, he won't have the opportunity, so he should stop getting too damn attached to other people so soon. He will end this relationship after dawn, just like any other, because apparently, his fate is written in the stars. The Gods seem to have a lot of fun with his life.

Kaeya let out a shallow sigh, leaning back and staring up at the sky. He should enjoy this moment as much as he can because their first and, at the same time, the last goodbye will take place very soon. Man, the present is so unsatisfying.

"Sorry about that. It was unnecessary." Kaeya decided to break the horribly awkward silence that occurred between them. "Of course, you don't want to. Who would?"

"Kaeya, listen. You're really kind and fun to be around. It's not that I don't want to. I just can't."

Kaeya looked at him, tilting his head to the side. He didn't quite understand what he meant. He was so confused that he even forgot to be happy that Albedo, in fact,  did want to spend time with him after all.

Albedo sighed as he was forced to explain himself and started nervously playing with his fingers. Kaeya has noticed that he does that quite often when stressed.

"I'm in a relationship, remember?" Unfortunately, he did.

"Yeah, and? Don't even think about inviting him. He is a total jerk!"

Albedo rolled his eyes.

"I'm not talking about that, genius. It just wouldn't be fair to him if I were seeing another guy at night."

"Yeah, cool. He deserves it. Besides, we are not doing anything inappropriate."

"I'm afraid he wouldn't like that anyways."

"Trash like him and fish have no voice. He doesn't need to know anyways." Kaeya winked at him to fluster him. It must have worked because Albedo quickly looked to the side.

"You... you sound like a pervert!" Albedo frowned in embarrassment, forcing Kaeya to laugh.

This little man was melting a colossal glacier that was covering his heart. He wanted to hug him tightly and fill his pretty face with kisses, but then he would seriously look like a pervert, scaring him off.

"Oh, come on, Albedo. Just say yes!" Kaeya looked at him like a puppy, hoping he could cast his charm on him. "You need a break like this, too, don't you?"

Albedo didn't respond and, instead, looked at him uncertainly, obviously intimidated by his partner. It's so heartbreaking how much his freedom and ability to enjoy life are limited. If he saw that idiot, he'd punch him in the face. And then again. For him to feel the same pain and suffering he had caused Albedo.