Infinitely Tragic Lovers

*Steven P.O.V*

I feel like I deserve to die, like I deserve to be disowned by my family and never loved again. It was my fault. I did this. I'm the reason for it happening.

I didn't know what to say. He sat next to me in my car, as I drove us to the furthest hotel from our town. All I knew is that we had to get away. I was useless. Completely useless as his Dad abused him.

I sighed shaking my head. It was all my fault.

"I'm fine." He said quietly to me, reaching over and taking my free hand in his. He squeezed my hand tightly in reassurance but I didn't squeeze back. He'd been saying that this whole time and I know when he's lying to me. I hate it when he lies to me.

"I'm not." I admitted. My voice was barely above a whisper, but I knew he heard me. I pulled into the lot of the hotel. Taking the keys out the car I closed my eyes and took a breath, hoping to get a grasp on myself. On my stability.

Before I could open my eyes again a pair of soft lips met mine, kissing me sweetly. I brought my hand up to caress his cheek but quickly recoiled my hand and my lips as a hiss of pain left his lips.

"I-I'm sorry." I said watching him carefully as he brought his own hand up to run over his bruised face. He sighed shaking his head at me.

"Its okay, its nothing. It'll be gone by the weeks end." He assured me, leaning over to peck my lips lightly again before climbing out the car. I followed his lead. We went to the main building and booked a room for a few nights.

"I'm sorry." I said again when we were inside our hotel room. He was leaning against the headboard of the bed with an ice bag pressed to his cheek. I was sprawled out across the foot of the bed, as we just stared at each other.

He moved, placing the ice bag on the bedside table, before coming to hover over me. His hands were beside my head, holding himself off me as he studied my features carefully.

"You have nothing to be sorry for Steven. I did what I should've done a long time ago. And for the first time in a long time, they actually gave me more than five seconds of their time." He joked, laughing lightly.

I frowned at him, holding myself up on my elbows and forcing him to lean up a little. "That's not funny, Damien. None of this is. I'm sorry. My life was bad enough and now because of me yours is fucked up too!" I said. He pushed me back on the bed firmly. His own features becoming angry.

''No, it isn't! And never say that again,'' He let his hand gently caress my cheek. ''Steven as long as you're here with me, as long as we mean something to each other, my life isn't fucked up and it never will be.'' He leaned down and embraced me in the most passionate kiss we've ever shared.

His lips moved slowly over mine. I felt his hand snake its way under my shirt and glide over my abs. I shuddered at the sparks it emitted to me.

I hated the fact that I forgot his back was sore. He winced as I griped the side of his shoulder, pulling him closer to me. When he started to grind on me is about the moment that I think I lost a bit of my control.

The breathless pants slipped free from my lips as I arched my back, trying to get much more contact than he was giving me.

His lips left mine and started on my neck, slow tender kisses. Every where his lips touched left my skin tingling. He pulled back, causing me to open my shut eyes and look into his bright blue ones.

''I love you.'' He said, staring at me with a look that all but screamed I was the most important thing in the world to him. I felt the tears pooling in my eyes but I couldn't push them back.