Oblivion Is Bliss

*Steven's POV*

I'm infuriated with him. I know he knows that I am.

But of course I can't express that with him because he did just save both of our asses. Then again...he did just prevent me from going to soccer practice.

He's an asshole.

Although I can't help but smile at the thought that he's my asshole. That doesn't change the fact that I'm going to kick his ass for this.

I suddenly feel someone breathing down my neck, turning around to see Damien ogling me with curious hazy blue eyes. A scoff left my lips as I pinpointed the look in his eyes as lust.

When isn't he horny?

''What?'' I ask him, starting a slow walk in the direction of the detention he earned us. Of course he began to follow closely behind me. Extremely close.

''Nothing,'' He spoke, giving me my response, ''You just look sexy when you think.'' He whispers in my ear. I raise a brow at him, putting my hand over his face and pushing him away.

If he thinks we're about to be all buddy-buddy and discretely cozied up in detention he's dead wrong. I'm still pissed at him.

''You're not off the hook,'' I inform him. I hear a sigh leave his lips. I glance over my shoulder to see him shaking his head.

I don't care if he feels like I'm being inconsiderate right now. Soccer is important to me, and missing this practice means I can't play in the game tomorrow.

And it's not some big secret that if you miss a practice before an event you won't be allowed to participate. He knows this, he's on the football team. Then again missing practice doesn't affect his eligibility to perform at all since he's the quarterback.

Believe it or not, but I'm sure it's pretty damn believable, they allow him to play no matter what because they know they need him to win.

He can go to two practices a week if he wants and completely skip their weekend practices and you'll still see him in the game on Friday.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking bad about him. He's a really good football player, with or without the practice. It's so effortless for him. And I'm over here killing myself to be the best not only in the classroom but on the soccer field as well.

I mean, I barely even made it on the varsity soccer team because of my age, and now I have the honor of being the captain. Just so you know, I'm not really the stereotype Asian, if that wasn't already blatantly obvious, but I did skip a grade so that I could take more advanced classes.

But that didn't exactly help me in the sports area because a team full of seventeen and eighteen-year old's don't want a sixteen year old on the team, let alone as their team captain. So at least I know that they'll be more than happy to hear I'm out of the game tomorrow. They can thank Damien for that.