9

I sit up in bed and groan, getting up seeing my sheets more grey then usual in one spot. Right, I didn't change my clothes after I went in the rain, I sniffle and put on my clothes for the day, I put on Plaid red pajama pants and a white off the shoulder shirt. Two completely different things but I mean I have clothes on so why does it matter? I walk down stairs dreadfully and sit down "good morning Y/n" my mum looked at me "oh y/n! Your hair is soaking wet!" She pointed out "sweating, had a bad dream" I mumble, lying to my mom. I sniff as she gives me pancakes "thanks" my nose sounds clogged. She ignored me and left

Me and Henry walked to school it was humid out from the night before and the sun was slowly coming up. I wish it would go up faster. Maybe if the rain makes me sick the sun makes me better. We get to school. "I don't wanna be here anymore" I whine now regretting my decision of coming here. "It's fine Y/n" the bell rang and like normal everyone rushed to the door. Normally i would be the first one there pushing and shoving my way to the front, I love being in the front because people normally forget about me. But today I wasnt pushing and shoving, I was at the back. I didn't care today if I was noticed or not, I just wanna get this day done and over with.

I get inside and sit in my chair beside Ralph. Henry switched to sit next to lazy linda. As soon as I sat down I hit my head on the table and I just sat there "Y/n-" I cut Ralph off groaning "did you knock on wood after you gave me the note" "wha.." I look up at him completely dumb founded. RIGHT THE NOTE! I yell on the inside but keep myself calm on the inside. "No, was I supposed to.?" He sighed. "You got yourself sick, didn't you?" How did he know? I sniffled for what felt like the 100th time today "Mhm" I lay my head down. "How did you know?" I ask. "Well, it's quite obvious. How did your mom not know NOT to send you to school?" "She doesn't care. She only cares about if I'm passing and if I look good and what I'm wearing. She doesn't care about my health that much. She will make me food sometimes but she normally just forgets I'm there." Ralph looks at me sympathetically. Miss battle-axe comes in "Y/N! SIT UP STRAIGHT!" I groan and do as I'm told "is there a problem?" She asks "No! no problem at all! I'm just sickly pale and have the worst eyebags ever and need Tissues every millisecond yeah no I'm fine!" I say sarcastically but break out coughing "Y/n! Your sick!" "Nahh really? I never noticed!" "Why did your mom send you to school?" "Cuz she doesn't care! She never will care and sending me home is just gonna make me do her chores and mine while she just sits there forgetting that I'm there!" My voice went higher on certain places. Miss battle-axe went silent then suddenly broke it with a sigh "we'll see how you are later" she said and started getting things ready.

"So you will now add the top numbers then your denominator stays the same." Miss battle-axe finnished. I opened my eyes and found my head on Ralphs shoulder with his arm around me. "Rise and shine Y/n! We're doing adding fractions with an uncommon denominator! Would you like to come try?" She asked. Bro thinks I'm stupid and wasnt paying attention. I walk up and she looks at me. "Well, give me an equation!" I yell the last part. Today is not my day. She puts a question on the board. 3/2 + 2/6 I look at it for a second. "See you need to start paying attent-" I grab the marker from her whispering to myself. "Times by 3.." I put the answer down. 11/6.
"That's also in its simplest form because you can not divide it by the same number to make it smaller." I look at the class and they clap. Boy, maths gonna be easy.. But long.

I sneeze and stumble in the hallway. "Woah! Y/n are you alright?" Ralph asks going next to me. "Y-yeAH" I sneeze again. He sighs and leads me to the school cafeteria.

"Are you sure your alright" Ralph seemed worried enough. "Yeah I'm fine when am I not fine!" I said almost offended by it. "Y/n if you need to go home you can go home" "I said I'm fi-" I was cut off by darkness.

RALPH POV
"Y/n?" I grow worried for my girlfriend. "Uhh.. Miss oddbod!" I run to miss oddbod on the other side of the room. "Ralph?" She looks at me raising her eyebrow. I don't know how to explain it so I grab her hand and lead her to Y/n. "What happend?" She asked bending down to look at them. "I don't know! I was asking if she was ok then she fell! She isn't answering me either." Everyone was looking at us. She puts her hand on Y/ns chest. "She's ok. She must have just passed out." She smiled at me "you and henry can bring her back home" she said to me. "Cmon Y/n" I get her on my back "henry! We're going to your house!"

Y/NS MOM
I wake up in my bed sweating. "What?" I become worried. I don't know What time it is or if its day or night Ralph perks up. "Y/n!" He yells running over to me. "What happened?" I rub my head as it was throbbing "you passed out. I carried you home." He says looking at me. "What time is it?" I ask sitting up. Ralph checked his watch. "Around 4" he said looking up at me. I slowly giggled.

"I like your accent" I say dreamily. "Are you ok?" He asks me "Hold on" we walks out of my room. I get out of bed and stumble around trying to find my music player. I finally find it and sit down Criss cross applesauce picking a song. Heart To Heart by Mac DeMarco comes on. I close my eyes and smile with content. Ralph soon comes back with some Ramen. "I've got some ramen noodles for you if that will make you feel better" he sets it down and watches me eat.

After we've talked for a bit it's now dark and suddenly a wave of tiredness washes over me, I yawn. "Y/n?" He questions but I'm already passed out again. I hear a flick and it goes dark, I'm assuming he turned off the light. The bed creaks and I shrink down a bit. I feel someone hugging me. I lean into their touch and fall asleep. I think I should get sick more often.