80

30 minutes later..

Akari's P.O.V.

"But Nana's live on a radio show right now

"But Nana's live on a radio show right now...for at least 15 more minutes.." I hear Ginpei cry through Yasu's phone. "So what! Who cares?! You guys gotta goto the airport now!" Yasu says, while holding me to him, as silent tears roll down my face. "But...what should I...tell her..?" Ginpei asks, sounding like he was crying. Hearing this, and not wanting to listen to Yasu's reply, I narrow my eyes sadly, and burying my head in his shoulder, in an attempt to cover my ears. Yasu looks down to me in concern. "Yasu, give me the phone. I'll take it from here." Miu says, finally speaking up. A few moments after Yasu had told me, Misato, Miu, Shin, and Nobu drove up to the apartments, to pick us up. Trapnest and Hachi were going to meet us. Yasu sighs and nods to Miu in thanks, before passing her the phone, and hugging me to him. I knew I should push him away, so Miu didn't get the wrong idea, but I had no strength, nor the will to do so at this moment, so instead, I cling to him tighter.

Two hours later..

After retrieving Nana, and telling her what happened, we pull up to the Funeral Home, where Ren was brought to

After retrieving Nana, and telling her what happened, we pull up to the Funeral Home, where Ren was brought to. Under any other circumstances, we all would've been happy to return home to Osaka...but now...all any of us could feel, was pain. As we enter the Funeral Home, Takumi sees us, and walks up. "Ah, good, you're here. We were...just about to, um.." Takumi trails off, sighing, before looking to Yasu and I. "Sorry Yasu, but...could we...borrow Akari for a moment..?" Takumi asks. Hearing these words, my eyes widen, and I stiffen up in fear. Yasu's arm around me tightens. "Why?" Yasu asks, eyes narrowed. Takumi sighs again, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's just...the...caretakers...would prefer a relative.." Hearing Takumi's words, my body stiffens, and I flinch, quickly realizing what Takumi wanted. Yasu immediately narrows his eyes at him in a glare, clearly knowing what he wanted as well.

"Are you out of your mind?" Yasu asks

"Are you out of your mind?" Yasu asks. Takumi sighs and shakes his head. "Look, it's not like I want to, it's just the suits over there said a relative has to be there!" Takumi says, right before one of the 'suits' he mentioned, comes over, clearing their throat. "Sorry to interrupt gentlemen, but there seems to be a misunderstanding. Although our policy would prefer a direct relative of the...deceased party to identify them...the policy also states, that if that direct relative is unable to do so...they may also recommend a substitute, to identify in their place." The employee explains. "What? Why didn't you say so before!" Takumi asks, snapping towards the employee. "We were trying to, but you refused to let us speak. I understand your frustration sir, but we were just doing our job." The employee states plainly, before looking to Yasu's protective arm around me, and finally setting their sights on me. "Ma'am, I am so sorry for your loss...I know it is never easy, to lose someone you love. If you do not feel comfortable seeing your..?" The employee trails off, as if asking who Ren was to me. "Brother." Yasu answers for me. "Brother." The employee repeats with a thankful nod to Yasu, before looking back to me. "Then please, feel free to ask one of your companions to fill in for you." The employee says with a kind smile. Hearing this, my eyes widen, vision blurring rapidly. I remain silent, unable to find my voice. The employee sighs, before looking up to Yasu. "Perhaps a gentleman such as yourself..? It is clear the two of you are close afterall." The employee says. "Very well." Yasu says.

Seeing him trying to take Yasu, I immediately latch onto Yasu's jacket, catching both of their attentions

Seeing him trying to take Yasu, I immediately latch onto Yasu's jacket, catching both of their attentions. Seeing them both look to me, I tighten my grip on his jacket, shaking my head repeatedly. The employee sighs. "I see. If not this gentleman, who would you prefer..? I'm sorry if I seem too pushy Ma'am, but I'm simply doing my job." The employee says. I stay silent, not wanting to force anyone to do any of this, but refusing to let Yasu go. Although I knew I had to, I just couldn't bring myself to choose anyone. After a few moments, I hear someone walk up, catching my attention immediately. Looking to my left, I see Nobu. My eyes widen. "Nobu..?" Yasu asks. Hearing his name, Nobu looks to us, before setting his sights on me. Giving a sad smile, he nods to me. "If it's okay, I'll go." He says. Hearing this, I lower my head, nodding in silent agreement. "Are you sure?" The employee asks. Not looking towards him, I nod my head again. "Very well then. If you would please follow me." The employee says, before I hear three sets of footprints leave us behind. After a few moments of silence, I feel Yasu turn to me.

"Akari, they're gone, you can let go now.." Yasu says soothingly. I sniffle and slowly look up to him. A tear sneaks out, and falls down my cheek. Seeing this, Yasu gently wipes it away. "I'm Not Going Anywhere, I Promise." He says. Hearing these words, the rest of the tears break free, and I nod, before throwing my arms around his torso, and hugging him tightly, head buried in his chest once again.

Hey Ren...the promise He made to me that night, was never broken.. *sigh* In the end...I was the one who left...and that is something...that can never be forgiven.. ~Akari~