106

Akari's P.O.V.

April 5th, 2006..

Flashback starts..

As Ren and I walked through the snow, heading back to our old place, Ren stops all of a sudden

As Ren and I walked through the snow, heading back to our old place, Ren stops all of a sudden. Noticing this, I stop too, and look back to him. "Ren..?" I ask. Ren's silent, as he thoughtfully watches the waves roll over the shore. Seeing this, I sigh, before smiling, and walking to his side. Once there, I watch the waves with him, as snow flurries fall around us. It was late, barely anyone else was seen in the small town of Osaka. It was peaceful. He really likes it here, doesn't he.. Seeing his eyes glued onto the waves, I glance at my hands. If I had known he'd want to stop here, I would've brought a pair of gloves.. I think to myself, before sighing with a smile, and looking back at him. I suppose we can stay for a few moments..

Smiling, I gently place my hand on his shoulder. "Here, come sit with me." I say, before lowering my hand, to gently take his arm, and lead him to the small brick wall, that separated the beach from the town. Without thinking, I release his arm, and use my bare hands to wipe off the snow, to ensure we could sit comfortably. Once done, I sit down, and look back to him. Ignoring my now painfully cold hands, I pat the cleared off spot next to me. Seeing this, Ren smirks, before taking a seat next to me. For a while, we sit there in comfortable silence. But as time goes on, my hands begin to throb from the cold wetness that still clung to them, and I sneakily fist them, in hopes of relieving the pain. But, it only lasts a few seconds, before I feel him grab my hands in his own. Surprised, I look towards him, just in time to see him raising them to his mouth. Once there, he cups my hands together with his own, and blows hot air onto them. My eyes widen in surprise. How did he..? Snapping out of my shock, I laugh softly, before giving him a grateful smile, and resting my head on his shoulder.

? Snapping out of my shock, I laugh softly, before giving him a grateful smile, and resting my head on his shoulder

After a while, Ren speaks. "Hey sis..?" He asks, catching my attention. "Hm..?" I ask. "This is gonna sound weird but...bare with me, okay..?" He asks. Hearing the seriousness in his tone, I decide it's best to go along with it. "Okay." I say, peering up at him. "When I die...scatter my ashes in the sea here. In This Place. Can you do that for me..?" He asks, looking down at me. For a few moments, I'm too shocked to speak. But once I recover, I give him an understanding smile. "You got it." I say quietly. "Promise?" He asks. I nod my head. "I promise." I say, holding out my pinky to him. Seeing this, he chuckles, and locks his pinky with mine. "Thanks sis." He says with a relieved smile. I nod at him, before deciding I needed to lighten the mood a bit. Letting out a loud, dramatic sigh, I jump down onto the sand below. "Though...I don't see why you're asking me, I'm the reckless one, remember? Chances are, you'll definitely outlive me by a long shot." I say with a smirk, interlocking my hands behind my back, as I quickly turn away from him, so that he didn't see how much his talk of dying was affecting me. I lower my head, as my vision blurs in and out. I...don't wanna think about that.. Ren chuckles softly, before hopping down, and walking to my side, throwing an arm over my shoulder. "Alright, I get it. Morbid talk over. C'mon, we better get home, before you lose all your fingers Ms. No Gloves." He teases with a chuckle, before gently taking my wrist, and leading me away.